Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Nice info on keys.

@Ulbie, lol I know what you mean on the parametric stuff. I am so jealous of all these wonderful organic models that these Zeebrushers ( Not Zedbrushers ) create lol, but creating those keys on Creo which I use, would take 1 second. Its a surface offset :p

what about the rest of the model the key is attached to? :)

Nice info on keys.

@Ulbie, lol I know what you mean on the parametric stuff. I am so jealous of all these wonderful organic models that these Zeebrushers ( Not Zedbrushers ) create lol, but creating those keys on Creo which I use, would take 1 second. Its a surface offset :p

I know that feeling Skint. I tried sculptris a few months back and after spending a couple of hours trying to get rid of a crease along the symmetry line (and not produce new ones) I said "nope, screw this, give me my numbers dammit!" :p Of course it doesn't help that I don't have artistic talent but hey, gotta try it :)

Weird isn't it, that we are all programmed differently. I love the organic model`s that are created in zbrush, I love the characters people produce, I love movie related stuff.. hulks, predators, etc etc etc... I just cant bring myself to learn zbrush cos it hurts lol

I should of started with it 20 years ago!

We've been working on an exciting development, a bronze filled PLA filament. First test prints went really really well, printing with the ease of normal PLA/PHA compoun. Since there is actual bronze in the filament it's 4 times heavier then PLA which is awesome for jewelry items. Straight from the 3d printer the parts have a matte finish, reminds a bit of laser sintered parts. It's very easy to sand down, much easier then PLA and you can polish it to a sick shine!

13965862999_d1bf42ccab_z.jpg

Bring it on, Gijs;)

Cool development!

I'm a gamer and I had someone from the internet convert some of the game assets from .MAX to .STL I wanted to print these small to make sure they would come out correctly, but now I may print them a little bigger!

Shell From NS2 - 2

Shell from NS2 - 1

Spur From NS2

Is that Natural Selection 2? I have no idea, but just googled NS2 game lol. You should be able to get more details on them when you print them bigger :)

Fun game, goes on sale regularly on steam... I think I got it for like a few bucks way back when.

I got it too but my friends didn't want to buy it so now I don't have anyone to play with :/

I got it too but my friends didn't want to buy it so now I don't have anyone to play with :/

Fun game, goes on sale regularly on steam... I think I got it for like a few bucks way back when.

Is that Natural Selection 2? I have no idea, but just googled NS2 game lol. You should be able to get more details on them when you print them bigger :)

Yes it's Natural Selection 2. I play it daily on the KKG servers. I may print them larger, but I'm still testing out the capabilities and having some prints not come out perfect so for now I'm keeping it small so I can make adjustments. The files from the game are in .MAX files so I can't convert them myself. I would love to print more assets from the game soon.

I'm a gamer and I had someone from the internet convert some of the game assets from .MAX to .STL I wanted to print these small to make sure they would come out correctly, but now I may print them a little bigger!

OOw another guy who likes to print game figures,

Check this one out, 1st printed yesterday:

Guess which game (Ian can't guess, he converted the model for me ^^ thanks Ian!) double points for the name of the character;) . Posing-ish was done with Zbrush.

2014 05 15 14.22.57

2014 05 15 14.23.05

2014 05 15 15.41.57

2014 05 15 15.42.05

2014 05 15 23.00.40

2014 05 15 23.01.02

2014 05 15 23.01.10

2014 05 15 23.08.43

2014 05 15 23.10.23

2014 05 15 23.10.34

2014 05 15 23.10.52

Loads of under extrusion btw. This was because of an update for the UM2, which resetted the material I believe.

Also cura couldnt get the cape right for support, seems to be an issue. I love meshmixer, but i had no time for that with this model.

Cheers!

OOw another guy who likes to print game figures,

Check this one out, 1st printed yesterday:

Guess which game (Ian can't guess, he converted the model for me ^^ thanks Ian!) double points for the name of the character;) . Posing-ish was done with Zbrush.

Loads of under extrusion btw. This was because of an update for the UM2, which resetted the material I believe.

Also cura couldnt get the cape right for support, seems to be an issue. I love meshmixer, but i had no time for that with this model.

Cheers!

I'm afraid I have no idea. those are some supported up models though!

@Lennart

Looks like Mass Effect i guess, but I'm not sure. Hope you get a clean print soon. Take your time and and try to generate a support structure with meshmixer. I like cura a lot, it is a powerful software, but in this case it is not the best choice for support;)

Bracelet

This is just too much fun.

@Lennart

Looks like Mass Effect i guess, but I'm not sure. Hope you get a clean print soon. Take your time and and try to generate a support structure with meshmixer. I like cura a lot, it is a powerful software, but in this case it is not the best choice for support;)

2014 05 16 12.42.54

2014 05 16 11.59.26

woodfill helped a lot!

Aaaaand Done!

Painting is harder than it looks;)

The paint is just paint from the Xenos( a dutch cheap store)

2014 05 16 23.07.29

2014 05 17 13.07.41

2014 05 17 13.07.53

2014 05 17 13.08.05

2014 05 17 13.08.14

Maybe nail polish will give it a nice gloss. Has anyone got experience on giving gloss to a painted print?

Cheers!

PS. it should be this guy

http://pichost.me/1764717/%C2%A0

Edit:

yay 100+ posts!

Cool thane model. How did you go about getting it out of the game? Never thought of doing that, really cool idea.

So I've had a bit of a problem with my printer the last couple of days. At first I thought it was a blocked nozzle but it turns out it was the bowden tube at the hot end coming loose and moving about during retractions. Its fixed now and whats really cool is I printed a new bowden clip to fix the problem! How cool is that :grin: a printer printing parts to fix it's self!

Any way now I'm back up and running I need a bit of help with the keys for my Batman bust. The problem I'm having is that the female key is getting a lot of stringing going on inside it because the printer will sometimes go right across the hole instead of seeing it as a boundary that shouldn't be crossed. Is there any way to get Cura to avoid any travel over this area?

The print on the left shows where the printer travels over the hole.

14019915470_f3538c536e_c.jpg

I decided to go ahead and finally try out the Flexible White PLA that I purchased from Ultimaker back in December.

Here is my first and second print with it.

The first is a simple gasket for the water hose outside which was missing. (Worked perfect first try, no more leaks)

20140517 132436

The second is the frog from thingiverse which seemed like a suitable test subject.

20140517 210522

Both were printed on the new build plate from PRINTinZ.com with these settings:

Layer height 0.1

Shell Thickness 0.4

Default Retraction Settings

Bottom/Top Thickness 0.4

Fill 100%

Speed 30mm/s

Heated Bed OFF

Cooling Fans OFF

Temperature 225 C

@Chrisp: Cool. How would you compare the quality of the flexible PLA to regular PLA?

So I've started to print Batman. This is the largest print I've done so far. 20cm tall not including the ears. Printing in four parts, front, back and each ear separately.

14212340055_e9177d7d14_h.jpg

@LeoDDC: I can't wait to see it finished ! Great work!!

@LeoDDC: The quality is extremely nice to the touch, but it seems to have tiny holes throughout that kind of bother me. It can almost be described as being porous, but rubbery. I absolutely love the flexible material and am looking forward to purchasing some ninja flex soon. I just can't seem to think of much to use it for at the moment. I printed this last night from thingiverse. A flexible watch band for my ipod nano

Nano Watch F;exible

@Chrisp: That looks cool. I might have to try some of that PLA out.

@Dreamworker: Cheers man. Unfortunately I had to abort the print after about 12 ours as there was a problem with some internal overhangs not printing leaving some holes in the face. Not to worry though I have changed how I'm going to print the model and I'm now re-printing. Fingers crossed.

Hi everyone, some really nice prints on here.

I'm new to independent 3D printing and thought I would share one of my latest prints.

I had a few problems with the Ultimaker 2, like the fans and screws missing from the print rods. Hopefully its ok now.

This print is of Slithe from Thundercats. it was printed in Colorfabb Greenish Beige at a height of 14 cm and taking 14 hours. The settings in Cura were 0.1mm layer height, 50mm print speed, 0% fill density and Cura support.

All three pieces ( head, stand & buckle) were printed at the same time so I had quite a bit of stringing and a few tiny holes.

It was first modelled in 123D Creature and then improved in Zbrush.

Slithe 16 05 2014 23 52 20

Slithe Print

Cool thane model. How did you go about getting it out of the game? Never thought of doing that, really cool idea.

At first I found some model from League of Legends and printed some, but then I wanted other models. Just by using Yeggi and google I found the model from mass effect, but these were .c4d files.

eventuelly Ian did the conversion but it took some learning before i could do some rigging in zbrush. Actually, I did not even rig it, just "transposed" the model. ( The model would dissappear with using Zspheres, and I never really found an answer to that problem..), But i digress, some people can extract the models as easily as they can import them, but with which software I do not know. ( If you know, I would be glad to know! I'm the one who's crazy enough to try and print them!)

@Chrisp: That looks cool. I might have to try some of that PLA out.

@Dreamworker: Cheers man. Unfortunately I had to abort the print after about 12 ours as there was a problem with some internal overhangs not printing leaving some holes in the face. Not to worry though I have changed how I'm going to print the model and I'm now re-printing. Fingers crossed.

nananananananananana no batman?