Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

I've also used springs from pens for a couple of designs (that I wont share), they're great and cheaper than buying separate springs which is just crazy...

@ Nateo, Lol you do love your timelapses :)

I love missing a day reading this thread and then coming back to see what`s happened.

Cool idea Nateokane; I can totally see using this to hold things in place. I really like the design/print/assemble video; I think a lot of people who are just starting to look at 3D printing are confused about how an idea goes from thought to actual object and this is a pretty good explanation.

@Skint I do love my time lapses! I wish my GoPro had direct interface with my ulticontroller and would do the math for a 10-20 second time lapse of whatever I'm printing. One can dream.

@AaronAlai I'm super glad you said this. The exact point I was trying to convey with this video was the workflow from mental image to physical object.

My latest prints are pretty hard to see since they are so small and there are many pieces so I'm going to shamelessly link to the Thingiverse page. (No Time Lapse LOL!)

CsCTUWG.jpg

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:346378

Yet another masterpiece from Braddock, as usual.

Amazing, mate.

Shroomhead

Is that just your render, not a print right? Oh god, my zbrush love is kindling again, I need to give her a try. I hate learning stuff from the noob level :(

Hey Skint, that is the print! Look closely, you'll see print lines, and the overhung droop is hidden in the shadows.

I will admit though, I did some clean up in Photoshop, this was printed with no retraction to save time, so I "erased" some strings and blobs in post.

It's going on Thingiverse, so needed a good display image.

Is that just your render, not a print right? Oh god, my zbrush love is kindling again, I need to give her a try. I hate learning stuff from the noob level :(

Here's a short movie.

IMG 2899

I knew I`d caught you out braddock :p

Another great looking character, I will add him to my " braddock creature corner " lol

He's on thingiverse now for anyone who wants to check out the model.

Another winner braddock! I'm starting to think you have zoo full of alien creatures you use as inspiration.

Hi All

Did some work for my kids and some prints for a friend of mine.

First, I designed (in 123D Design) and printed this butterfly comb for my kids in two colors. They have there first letter of their first names in their respective blade. It's something I saw on thingiverse, so not completely my idea, but I re-designed it so it had no screws, a lock mechanism, printed well and was fit for kids (all round edges etc.).

Printed at 0.1 Layer, 0.8 shell, 210, 60mm/s with blue and yellow and white PLA from UM.

Butterfly comb, my design

Butterfly comb

Second, I am working on a filament spool holder in Fusion 360. It consists of 4 arms, one main piece and one screw on cap. All snaps and screws together right of the print bed. This is my prototype print(could be better, allready workinbg on v2). Printed at 0.2 Layer, 1.2 shell, 210, 60mm/s with white PLA from SwissRepRap.

Loose filament spool

Loose filament spool

Loose filament spool

third (pretty big print), a pinhole for a friend of mine, not my design (http://www.thingiver...om/thing:323758), Printed at 0.2 Layer, 0.8 shell, 210, 60mm/s with white PLA from SwissRepRap.

Pinhole Camera

Pinhole Camera

I wish you all a great weekend and happy printing!

EDIT: If someone is interested in either comb or the filament reel, let me know. I will eventually post them on youmagine.

This is my latest attempt at printing my Jinx model,

Had a lot of trouble with printing the model one shot because of the hair mostly, both in the back and the hair in the front.

Decided to split it in two (some bad decision on my side tho there, decided to split it pretty much halfway throught her ''necklace'')

I did brake one of her front chunk of hair because I decided to remove the support with a little bit not enough care, I'm going to try and glue it back.

What kind of glue works well with PLA by the way?

There is some clean up to do, especially on parts like her chin, tho It seems a bit hard to sand.

I saw some of you guys were using a filler primer, seems like it's working great but I haven't found one that really works well so far, where did you guys buy that thing.

gallery_33775_932_1749176.jpg

gallery_33775_932_389859.jpg

Oh by the way, I'll print the rest of the braid, Just decided to print that part by itself, had couple of fails on that one (while printing with the other parts) wich make me loose couple of prints (where the rest was printing fine)

Cheers!

Great print, Mariem.

I'm using Loctite glue, don't know if there's something better, but it's fast and (to me) it's working great.

@mariem Amazing print, man! I know you have been working hard on that one.

@Martin Bienz, Awesome Print! I love the function stuff, I love the butterfly redesign; I also try to strive for 100% printed parts.

@mariem, congratulations on your print, it looks quite nice. Even some of the features on your previous prints looked really good, like the ear. Second on the Loctite glue, that stuff works really well for me also.

@Martin Bienz: I'd be interested in a spool holder. Will switch to Faberdashery soon. I think Woofy had one spool holder too but the space around my UM2 is very very limited and I think I can't fit it on the table. If your spool holder fints on the standard one, then I am on it :)

Hi! On the water tap in the kitchen I have a piece that reduces the flow and saves water. Today it broke! So instead of buying a new one for 40 kronor / 5 dollars / 4 euros I decided to 3d-print the plastic piece that broke. I used a digital measurement and some eye calculations and modeled it. After som trial & error it now works almost perfectly! Wooho!

Photo 2014 06 01 19 40 56

@mariem, your print looks really nice! keep it up.

@AaronAlai, yes, thanks! I am really into designs that just print and go. No screws etc. I just love to come up with solutions to screw issues :-P. Your phone car case looks really good.

@ Nicolinux, I will share it with you. for sure. I have multiple versions for arms (length, width etc.). The inner diameter of the main piece is 5.15 cm, so it fits well with onto an UM1 standard arm / holder (shoud fit an um2 as well, right?). With the arms I have currently printed the diameter is 25 cm (that's 5 cm more than a standard UM reel).

I have planed to create 3 Versions of the arms. 1 for small amounts, medium and Large amounts (1 kg) of filament). I will need to prototype the arms sizes (maybe shape). Would you like to help prototyping? :mrgreen:

I'd love to do it but my UM2 is somewhat broken right now and I have put off printing anything useful until it is fixed :/

If it weren't for some pleasant distractions lately, I sure would have screamed louder (poor Sander :) )

Hi all,

A lot of great prints again :) i love this thread.

Busy long weekend for me (had 4 days).

So let's start from the beginning:

A Bird feeder found on thingiverse for my step father. Printed in Colorfabb FineWood and Colorfabb Brown Chocolate. I was planning to print the main core in one piece the way it is but i had a minor power cutoff that aborted the print. I continued the print by measuring the first piece and cutting the bottom in Cura from the same height. Isn't perfect but should be ok once glued.

The FineWood and Chocolate brown are well stuck to each other.

Layer Height of 0.24mm

20140601 202317

20140601 202337

20140601 202345

The i played a bit with Colorfabb XT, nothing fancy for the moment, having a bit of problem to sticking to the bed. It seems that bed temp at 80°c is ok but not always 100% efficient.

20140601 202447

20140601 202438

I also printed the UM Robot scaled at 200% but will show that after :)

Tried colorfabb Royal orange very flashy nice color:

20140601 202225

Then i played a bit with BioFilla Linen, using regular PLA settings except for the filament temp which is 200°c (if i read well you can go down to 170°c). First i printed the UM robot at 200%. Then i printed a character i downloaded a while ago from thingiverse.

0.1mm layers

20140601 202133

20140601 202141

20140601 202148

20140601 202202

After a bit of cleaning and rough sanding (it sands well):

20140601 203823

It's a nice material, it feels a bit like rough cement or stone. Gives a more "noble" touch to the print. After what i've read a more shiny finish can be done by lowering the temp, will test that probably this week :)

Last pics show the UM Robot scaled up to 200% at 0.1mm layer height

20140601 223945

From left to right: Colorfabb Royal Orange, Biofilla Linen, Colorfabb XT

Hi Didier,

Great prints. Interesting filament, the BioFilla Linen, it looks like it has some kind of fiber?

Does it have the same weight as regular PLA?

Have you also tried the LayBrick?

It looks a little bit the same.

(But I found that one a bit brittle.. )

I'm not really sure what the filament is made of here's the link to the website: http://www.two-bears.eu/Startseite_E/products/biofila_linen.html

I'd say it's a bit heavier than regular PLA, i will weight the 3 robots to see if any difference shows.

I never tried laybrick but it feels like how laybrick should feel i guess. It looks and feels much more natural than regular PLA, a bit like the woodfill fine.

It showed some "fibers" when printing like the woodfill fine, so i guess there are fibers of some kind in it

However it is, it does look very very nice. Did you also get the chance to snab a silk sample?