Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Yep, it is out of stock. But if you enter your email address in the upper right input field, they'll contact you when it is available again. ETA 7 days for now.

just a little project I printed with black Ultimaker ABS on Kapton covered bed.

Idea was to fix a threaded shaft into an existing clamp.

I would have been possible without the thread in the clamp but with a cylindric bore but due that we can it - we do it. So the half thread in each block was the challenge. A pitty the I have not the shaft here so I cannot be sure that it will fit. But interesting experience anyway.

anpassung 2

anpassung 4

klammer geschlossen 1

klammer geschlossen 2

klammer offen 1

klammer offen 2

klammer offen 3

klammer offen 4

klammer offen 5

Just to answer Sanders on the weight of the biofilla:

The Colorfabb orange robot weights 10g

The Colorfabb XT robot weights 12g

The biofilla Robot weigts 14g

All printed with the same gcode of course

Hi guys,

It's a long time ago I've posted on the forum but I recently started not only to print again, but also paint some of the prints. I think some of you will recognize the following two figures.

They're printed at 0.05 layerheight so (I think) no sanding or other treatment is necessary before painting.

ieyo bust by Braddock

ieyo bust by Braddock

Vampire Lord

Vampire Lord

Vampire Lord

At first I was not interested in painting at all but it is a very fun extension to the already wonderfull printing experience! ;)

Hi there, I don't want to be too picky about this, but you've called this "Abe's Alien" which it isn't, it's my model and it has a title which you should use, along with giving credit to it's creator.

This is the kind of thing that puts me off giving models away for free,

Hi guys,

It's a long time ago I've posted on the forum but I recently started not only to print again, but also paint some of the prints. I think some of you will recognize the following two figures.

They're printed at 0.05 layerheight so (I think) no sanding or other treatment is necessary before painting.

At first I was not interested in painting at all but it is a very fun extension to the already wonderfull printing experience! ;)

@Didier Klein, man you've been busy; nice prints! You recovered that bird feeder really well, I think it turned out fantastic.

@nudelmannrichter. another functional print, nice! I really love seeing these things. Even if the rod doesn't fit, there are only minor adjustments to be made; it looks perfect in the photos.

@BaasB, nice paint job, the white eyeballs freak me out. The ownership thing can tricky sometimes, I'm sure next time you'll get everything straight.

My friend is really into Batman so I printed him one. 2 wall thickness and 0.1mm res. 3 hours.

puLlpfy.jpg

yep, Aaron,

think it should fit in general. Maybe it has to be worked in a littele by turning over the thread.

I will see in a few month :)

Just uploaded Batman to thingivese.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:352540

14364574003_81dd39f1ab_b.jpg14157893787_4ab7c0a0a7_b.jpg14344382915_0b853360d7_b.jpg

Wow very nice :) i love the paint job :shock:

You should totally put LED's in his eyes! :eek:

Awesome Leo!

That looks brilliant Leo, very well done.

I got a bit of extra cash after selling an old camera and getting a wee bit of unexpected money on my birthday, so I decided to prove that people who say "anyone can learn how to paint" are wrong by ordering some cheap airbrushing gear :D

Lol Robert, I Know what you mean. Ive been looking at buying an airbrush and ruining all my nice prints haha.

@ braddock Agree with you fully. People should always respect other peoples work and where possible refer to the creator. I don't think BaasB would of meant any harm, but renaming it something else is a little weird. Please don't stop sharing, your stuff is the best !!

@Leo That`s one mean looking bat lol, great paint job!

Yup, I'm expecting some pretty horrendous "artworks". I can just barely write my own name legibly and stick figures are a challenge so it should be interesting :p But it'll be an experience if nothing else and at least I can use it to paint solid colours with, hard to screw that up.

@mairem - there you go again posting questions here. 5 days ago. Again, I only check here once per week or so. It's really not a good place for questions.

GLUE, FILLER, PRIMER

Everyone says "super glue" aka cyanoacrilic glues work great on PLA. I've tried it also and it works well for me. As for filling people have said "bondo" works well - it's normally used to fill dent's in car doors - my carpenter uses it - I've used it to fill wood holes. It's easy to sand and easy to paint. While at the automotive store buying bondo - pick up some "automotive primer". On the spray can it should say that it is good for "plastic" and "metal". This is a fantastic primer and you can paint with any kind of paint on top (ceramic, latex, oil based, anything).

@ Mariem Yeah gr5 is right, automotive primer is great. I recently bought some from Halfords ( large British automotive store ..see pic showing can ). I bought the cheapest stuff thinking that I would have to go back and get better stuff, but actually even the cheap stuff works well.

Here`s a few progress pics, Grey Plastic primer x2, black, then chrome ( silver ) = hand :)

grey primer auto

grey primer 1

black spray

Silver Chrome

Ultimaker Squashed2

@mairem - there you go again posting questions here. 5 days ago. Again, I only check here once per week or so. It's really not a good place for questions.

Hahaha I'm so sorry, it was just a small little question!!

I aldready knew about the filler primer but I was wondering if people where using specific brand and where they could find it.

I bought one brand over here and it's a car primer but I'm not so sure about the result.

It seems like it's so liquid and it create drip all over the model, plus I could only find it in a red color, Would rather be able to find it in a white-gray color like most people have been using here.

You should be proud tho I did make a post in the question area for my (maybe) bloked nozzle XD

@ Braddock

I agree with you. This model was downloaded from Thingiverse some time ago and I gave it this name because it reminds me about the game Abe's Oddysee. I didn't thought that this name would be clearly visible for others as I only intended to use if for my own recognition.

I've changed the name. Keep up the good work, I really enjoy those high-poly models!

Top Stuff BaasB!! Keep Braddo happy so he keeps uploading good models :p

Wow some really great prints you guys!

@Nateokane, nice print; I also see you took a note from the Ultimaker design crew ;).

@LeoDDC, just wow that is a beautiful paint job! The creases around the face are done really well and show a lot of emotion.

I made this last weekend for my mom, it's based off a bird feeder she likes; jelly is placed in the blue container. The white frame consists of 4 pieces glued together with an ABS/acetone solution. I messed up on a dimension for the center link and had to carve some of the plastic away.

Tx025FQ.jpg

Wow, it looks BIG. Only four pieces and half the door frame is full. Also teh 3D moddeling skillz I so dearly want...

By the way, the orange thingy on the light switch looks printed too. Is it some kind of locking mechanism to prevent the bird(s) from turning the light on?

Yeah, it turned out a bit bigger than I had initially planned, it's loosely based off the bird feeder my mom already has; her's is about half the height and more of a C shape.

Blarp, the longer I'm on this thread I find myself wanting the skills of others; the grass is always greener I suppose.

I didn't even notice the orange thing in the picture. It's a cylinder neodymium magnet covered in http://sugru.com/, I was using it with a home built magnetic stirrer.