Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Aaron, another awesome creation! I know what you mean about grass is always greener, I can create anything mechanical, dimensionally accurate and needs assembling together with precision etc... parametric modelling. BUT... I`m so jealous of the zbrush skills that a lot of people have, mainly because their stuff is so much more fun!! Like being a kid again :)

Wow guys :eek: ! Every print on the last couple pages blew me away!

Is it me or does this community improving together?

Just a little preview what i was doing the last days. I hope i have it done tomorrow.

IMG 20140605 123118

Yeah, that looks like an intricate print; definitely looking forward to seeing it in its entirety.

Also, I agree with you Skint; I grow more jealous of ZBrush users every day, anything I made it would probably resemble the elephant man more than anything else though.

@AaronAlai That is a very pretty design. Having the right color of filament makes all the difference sometimes.

@JonasK I will be interested to hear about how you made that engine. How many different prints and your attachment methods. If the pistons travel, I will lose my mind.

When people hear rapid prototyping, I don't think they really understand how quickly multiple iterations can be created. I replaced one of the arms on my sun glasses with Google Glass. The design took 11 generations and approximately 6 hours to arrive at a workable design. Now to refine it and make it less conspicuous.

Ponttcn.jpg

Powb31h.jpg

Nateo that looks great. Yeah its amazing how " rapid prototyping " should sometimes be called " Multiple prototyping until its right " lol.

Looks like you need to print a toilet roll holder next :p

Oh edit: completely forgot to ask... How are you finding google glass, is it really good or just bleh ! ?

test

test

Not to bad for a out-of-the-box print I guess

Not bad indeed. Although that bronze filament is a bi**c to print with. Always had underextrusion with it.

@Nateokane, very nice! I'm very fond of this technique as well; it's so easy to print and measure print and measure. Also +1 for sporting the glass!

@Dieselpower, definitely not bad at all! The machine looks fragile but is surprisingly rugged, I think the shipping of these things is a pretty traumatic experience.

@ Dieselpower. Congrats on your first prints :) Welcome to the world of um2 !!

@Dieselpower, definitely not bad at all! The machine looks fragile but is surprisingly rugged, I think the shipping of these things is a pretty traumatic experience.

Yeah those shipping guys throwing boxes around... I have a rattling fan due to shipping I think

Here is a job I made for my brother's store.

He needed a backlit sign for the front of the store so I printed it ! :)

The P is 47cm high and was made of 8 pieces.

all the other letters except the M just fitted the build area

IMG 2978

IMG 3094

I used almost 3 meters of leds to make the backlit

IMG 3097

IMG 3098

By the way it is in brussels. Gallerie louise. If someone want to see it in real ! :)

nice job Jonathan !

@Jonathan Gueron, that's a fantastic application of 3D printing, really nice looking as well! Do you think you saved money doing it yourself?

@AaronAlai, I am pretty sure I saved money by doing this myself because my brother received a few proposals for about 3000 euros and I only spent about 300 euros !

Also it took me a full week to print, glue, paint and illuminate ! :)

Ok, 300€ in material, but your time is not for free :-)

Great work!!!

Yes you are right my time is not for free but It was a great experience and now I understand why they charge this kind of prices ! :)

Yes you are right my time is not for free but It was a great experience and now I understand why they charge this kind of prices ! :)

Experience is worth more than any money!

OK guys here goes be nice.... Just to let you guys know i do not have an artistic bone in my body, i can not draw to save my life. but after seeing some of the Zbrush designs here i thought i need to give it a go and see what happens.. I watched a couple of you tube videos then spent the last couple of evenings sculpting my first sculpt with my very limited knowledge of using the software...

So here are the results and it's all mine how satisfying...

Zbrush design

pica alien bust

Printed results.

Pica bust

Hey Corey, yeah mate that`s what it`s all about. The print is 100% yours :) I have downloaded sculptris, but havent had time to play yet. Cant wait to see what rubbish I can come up with lol

OK guys here goes be nice.... Just to let you guys know i do not have an artistic bone in my body, i can not draw to save my life. but after seeing some of the Zbrush designs here i thought i need to give it a go and see what happens.. I watched a couple of you tube videos then spent the last couple of evenings sculpting my first sculpt with my very limited knowledge of using the software...

So here are the results and it's all mine how satisfying...

Zbrush design

Printed results.

Hey man great stuff. I like your design and I like the forms you got going on. I'm really glad your giving Zbrush a go, It's such a great piece of software once you get into it. The print quality looks great too.

Printed the parts for Roberts Feeder upgrade today;

C9D2B823-1153-4A1E-BC49-CDB93070BEC0_zps141mvcpu.jpg

4A570AA8-51CA-4298-BEE1-F1E0FC00FEDC_zpsjqjy6ox6.jpg

36A5ABEC-4E2D-4652-89BC-D014144785A7_zpsiaoja5lc.jpg

Some rough spots, and what seems to look like a little ghosting around some holes.

The feeder was my latest print, too. :geek:

The only tricky parts are the spacers.

Installed the new feeder today, and it is printing great.

feeder

Thank you Robert for the nice design. :!:

Yeah, well the spacers came out tapered for me. Maybe I'll try them again, or make them out of some aluminium.

Ghosting has been mentioned a few times recently, try turning your acceleration down.

Printed the parts for Roberts Feeder upgrade today;

Some rough spots, and what seems to look like a little ghosting around some holes.