Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Recently built a 27mm EDF (ducted fan) into a childs throwing glider as I´d like to have a micro RC jet... sounds promising, was a disaster so I broke it into parts.

Then I realized that the air duct was crap, so I designed one and printed it... and mounted it into the broken jet for fitting.

Foto 1

Foto 2

Test will be done soon - I have to buy a new glicer before... :-)

@LeoDDC That is some fine detail on the pig-dude. I also like your attaching mechanisms. I need to remember that.

@Didier Klein Great design! the flowers even match.

@PeggyB If you told someone 10 years ago that you would be able to print a woden part they would have called you crazy. Those shoes are wild!

@Aaron Alai That is insanely cool! I didn't know you could print water soluble stuff! that really opens up a lot of doors.

I'm more interested in making practicle items, but sometimes you just have to make something for your significant other. :D

6jOPUXo.jpg

Geez,

Awesome stuff goin on here! love the last character designs!

again not a lot of time due to new job and moving, but i managed to do a little doodlin'

hope you like it!

just a guy with a chicken on his head ( yeah I ran out of inspiration)

guy with chicken on his head. nothing more, nothing less.  part deux

guy with chicken on his head. nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers!

It's rigid like normal PLA. I ordered it from e3d-online but there is no brand name associated with it.

Playing around with the UV color changing material. Color changing aspect aside it's actually a really nice material. Easy to print and it has a good feel to it, like a hard wax.

That's super cool!

Another utility print!

PhotoGrid 1403315296924

I'm happy to see this one work better with the UM2 then with my previous Shapeways print :)

Some fantastic prints going on within this thread! I am just a little jealous that I am not contributing much. I have been suffering from printing issues for a while, blockages, poor surface adhesion, underextrusion... pretty much everything. But... I think it`s starting to improve after numerous Sledge hammers, Axes and Chainsaw fights with the printer :p Ok just a few atomic cleanouts.

I finally got a half decent print last night... but the printer just wouldnt give me a trouble free print and it seemed to have a Bad Hair day just near the end :)

Cant wait to get back to printing some fun stuff. At the moment, im printing designs for some work im planning on doing.

Bad Hair Days:

Bad Hair Day

Had to break away from Olaf while I wait for the primer to arrive. I've done this model a while back for the game Might and Magic:Heroes 6. The model was not prepared from printing originally, so I've just cut the head and started to print. Still struggling with the settings a bit, but it feels good to hold it in my hands :)

Lich_01

Lich_02

Lich_03

That looks pretty nice. How big is it?

@pm_dude Sorry I forgot to add that, it's 3.5 cm tall. Might try to print the whole thing, but that's a big project.

Panzer IV

My interpretation of the workhorse of the wehrmacht. Panzer IV. Currently its lacking pintle MG34 and headlights. Its fully poseable and has working threads.

Me and the SO paid a visit to the german panzer museum in Münster, and filled a bunch of CF cards with pictures, so currently om working towards modelling a full set of wehrmacht vehicles.

Modelled in solidworks, sliced in cura, printed on ultimaker, glued together by me!

That looks awesome! the print lines kinda make it look more beefy somehow.

Are the threads/wheels from a kit?

Great model Targeter!

That looks awesome! the print lines kinda make it look more beefy somehow.

Are the threads/wheels from a kit?

Nope, designed and 3d printed aswell, connected with some small nails.

FINALLY! I get to post something in this thread!

Alright here are a couple of things I've designed and printed so far.

My glasses iteration 1; the frames need a bit of tweaking for the lenses, and I need to print out the stems again with altered code for better hinges (I've already tested the code on truncated hinges).

A side by side of my current frames and my new ones (the final ones will definitely not be red, I'm thinking black or clear):

EtQdVPO.jpg

And some snazzy angles:

1uyihox.jpg

vgNM5Pv.jpg

I made these feet for my UM2 to accommodate a fan for the board:

After printing for some time I too noticed filament dust collecting at the entrance to the extruder system so I whipped this up; it doesn't spin or anything, but provides a good enough solution for now to my problem:

I'm going to be posting the designs on YouMagine later today.

Hi

I'm not a 3d expert, I dont have a printer yet only a partly owned one in the uk, so i dont know anything about the printing specifics and details to do spectacles, however i am an expert on spectacles with 35 years experience in the business from glazing, dispensing, manufacturing, and buying, an i can make models in ZBRUSH scaled to mm so i think i can help refine your specs.

Thanks to GR5 for directing me to this thread, i would like to create a version of your specs in zbrush with correct temple joints, bump bridge, and base curve on the front, also your old lenses will have a base curve and V bevel on them and the inside rims of your 3d frames will need a Vbevel cut into them to hold the lenses, the normal format to glaze plastic frames with cut lenses is to heat the frame rim plastic and stretch the rims with the lens by pushing it into the rim where it will seat in the V bevel groove, this is not easy to do nd requires practice, the lens size should be around 0.7mm overlapping the frame lens size.

I will make it in three separate parts and recommend sourcing self tapping screws form a local store for assembling the temples to the front.

I will need the measurements of your current lenses (only the A measurement - box size - Horizontal measurement across the furthest most points of one lens including the Vee bevel)

I have taken the image of your old glasses and will make an STL, but i dont know where to post it, i have dropbox so if you supply me an email add i can send you the link,

I am currently making prototype design for various models in ZBRUSH for commercial prototypes but have just had a UM2 delivered in the uk and need to try the process with someone who knows how to print as we are not up to speed yet, so it will be very useful to me also.

OK heres some pictures of the specs in zbrush, let me know if anyone wants the stl, i have yet to convert it but it doesnt take long.

Still have to figure out making a screw and thread, but self tapping small screws are available from hardware stores

Vee Rim For glazing

transparent

RED

pads

jointa

bump bridge

full frame

Wow targeter, that Pz IV looks super sweet! Everything is printed? Even the working threads?

Did you make the 3D file yourself, and is it somewhere online?

I'll post the upgrades I've printed for my UM1 after my exams :)

Usually I use my 3D printer for miniatures and terrain for a SciFi game in scale 1/300. That's a man height of about 6mm.

Mostly I use an B9Creator for the stuff, but bought an Ultimaker 2 for objects "larger" than the B9's build space and to free the B9 from "simple tasks". Please note that's not meant to be degrading. It's just for the purpose of printing 1/300 scale models the B9 is better suited, but for other things the UM2 wins hands down.

I didn't have too high hopes for the print quality in such a small scale, but was positively surprised.

UM2.jpg

The rocks in the background were inspired by Monument Valley - but the big one may also be used as an alien brain :)

UM3.jpg

These are wall elements of an fortress. The elements have magnets at the sides, so they snap together and form a tight wall.

UM6.jpg

A radom, a hangar and a building for a fortress.The roof tiles came out well enough, but the borders of windows and doors pose a challenge for the UM. But I hadn't the UM in mind when I designed them, so I'm not really disappointed.

UM4.jpg

More buildings, this time Adobe or North African style.

UM1.jpg

I also tried to print a tank in that scale. This is one of the better prints. Again not bad considering the model hasn't been designed with FDM in mind. Sometime when I will be bored, I'll redesign and try to get it print well.

More 3D-stuff on my website. Mostly B9 stuff, but also images which show the models above in "context".

All in all I'm quite content with the UM2. Main problems being overhangs and ringing (can be seen in the walls). Latter I was able to reduce in the meantime, as you can see or better not see :) in the Adobe buildings.

Every bit is printed, except for the nails connecting the track links, and soem welding rod i used for axles for all the Wheels.

Ive designed the 3D myself, from pictures and measurements taken in Münster.

Hi all,

Great prints lately (i seem to say that every time i post here :mrgreen: )

I didn't print much impressive stuff lately but still want to show off a bit ^^

I printed the birdfeeder again (but version 3.0) in Faberdashery Desert tan and Colorfabb Chocolate Brown

20140623 195926

20140623 195934

I just added a custom holder for a real branch (must find a better one though this on is a big massive i think).

Except that some fun prints (or not):

Case for a galaxy S4:

First in galaxy blue from faberdashery because i like the colour but my wife prefered to have it pink :geek:

20140620 082938

20140620 114531

20140620 121549

The fishbone hanger from thingiverse. Printed it in 0.2mm layers with Ultimaker white but it's not very smooth, i tried to print one part at 0.1mm and it was better

20140623 195811

20140623 195817

Another glimpse at Galaxy Blue from faberdashery:

20140619 202402

20140623 200023

And two fun prints with Intense green from colorfabb (low poly stanford bunny and the car from le fabshop):

20140623 200008

20140623 200036

I also printed a case but for the iphone 5 and with a custom logo on the back

iphone iadvize

Hi Guys, very nice prints again!

@ Didier, great prints! Have you stretched the fishbone hanger yourself? Mine only has 3 "bones".

@ Targeter, that TANK, man, that blows my mind, great job.

I did a few tests with filaments that I just received from DiamondAge (via Dim3nsioneer, thanks!). Here the latest print with the DiamondAge glow in the dark filament. The UM Robot at twice the size, printed with 0.1 Layer height, 15% Infill, 50mm/s, 0.8 shell. Cool head lift was on and it did a fantastic job I think.

gitd umrobot5

gitd umrobot4

gitd umrobot3

gitd umrobot1

The filament really shines and gives a very smooth finish, can only recommend it!

Happy day to you all ladies and gents.

Martin

@Martin there is a remix of the original fishbone hanger that is separated and you can print as many bones as you want :)

Nice robot ;) perfect finish

cool didier, thanks! Will consider this for my next bathroom installation.