Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Hey dirk, nice print m8. Mind sharing the settings you used and how long it took?

Thanks

Thank you..

Time ~12h.

Model was scaled up to Z120mm (I wanted to print it bigger, but at larger scale no gcode was generated by cura :-( )

Settings:

Printed with supports and Brim added in Cura.

Layer 0.15mm

Shell 1.2mm

Bottom/Top 0.6mm

Fill 0%

Speed 50mm/s

Link to my thingiverse site for more information and the stl.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:399779

Did a quick paint of last print.

No post work at all, just painted it the way it came out of the printer.

Painted with brush and waterbased oils in one take from top to bottom.

Strange way to pint but as it takes so long to dry, painting one color at the time was no option if it was to actually be quick :)

Some partial nudity so don't click on the images unlike you can handle it.

DSC 2178 Edit

DSC 2181

DSC 2183

bronzefill is amazing!

Remember remember...

remember remember..

polishin'..

Cheers!

ps..@ wallan.. ... Gigidy

phew experimenting on polishing bronzefill is hard work,

How did you guys do it?

link?

I did not came further than this:

(which is rather ok, if i say so myself)

check out the timelapse:

)

the fifth of november

Gunpowder, treason and plot.

I see no reason why gunpowder, treason Should ever be forgot...

Cheers!

phew experimenting on polishing bronzefill is hard work,

How did you guys do it?

link?

I did not came further than this:

(which is rather ok, if i say so myself)

Cheers!

I am first using sanding paper (120 and 180) then I am polishing using steel wool

I am first using sanding paper (120 and 180) then I am polishing using steel wool

I have some waterproof sandpaper laying around,

Would that be a good idea?

also check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbu4dn4QN04&feature=youtu.be

This guy shows what happens with bronzefill after a night in a rotating drum with aluminium screws!

ITS NICE!

What I'm thinking: get an empty jar, some screws, some rotating stuff and get going!

Cheers!

I have some waterproof sandpaper laying around,

Would that be a good idea?

also check out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbu4dn4QN04&feature=youtu.be

This guy shows what happens with bronzefill after a night in a rotating drum with aluminium screws!

ITS NICE!

What I'm thinking: get an empty jar, some screws, some rotating stuff and get going!

Cheers!

You can try with this waterproof sandpaper !

Don't forget to polish with steel wool or use a king of rock polishing machine like this guy !

Remember Remember :D

My latest prints just keep breaking. I've been trying to print movable objects in single print:

The Maker faire robot: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:331035

The Legs from Adabot: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:367226%20The%20legs%20part

I think the last successful print is definitely the Ultimaker Handle, which is a huge upgrade :D

I've been experimenting with Innofil3d's Innosolve today. It's a filament that can be dissolved in water. The first print didn't go all that well...

solveFail

But after a few more test prints this was the best result I got. I didn't even have to soak it in water, it just came off the print by itself as I tried to rip off the loose bits. Unfortunately cura doesn't have an option to create a solid interface layer so I simply paused the print after it had printed 2-3 solid layers with innosolve and switched to PLA. If this could be made to work with dual extrusion it might be quite promising...

innosolve 01

innosolve 02

innosolve 03

Nice! Yes thats what I would like to see too. At least with your feeder its easy to change filament in the middle of a print. Any news on why the pause at height isn't working on UM2?

pause at height is working for me on latest firmware, i tried it on previous firmware and it did not work, i then upgraded and did a print and it stopped at 5mm i thought my print was corrupted and aborted it, i did this twice before i realized that pause at height was suddenly working and i had left the plugin active from weeks ago :???:

If i had read the readout it would have told me, but me being me i aborted without reading the display that said resume LOL

Awesome. I'll give this a try soon!

I have a test to run in 2 steps this time.

IMG 20140719 070317

This is a print all in Nylon bridge but wanted to test with ninja flex for the inside grid.

Remember Remember :D

My latest prints just keep breaking. I've been trying to print movable objects in single print:

We @ 3d hubs eindhoven had a presentation from Hilde Sevens from Autodesk, where afterwards she also mentions that they are working on/ already have ( need to verify) an integration for printable joints (!)

This may be what you are looking for!

If I have time, I'll dig thorugh the autodesk apps ( or mail Hilde, for that matter)

Cheers!

I already did some pre assembled parts and also separated ones with Shapeways in the past but when you have powder it become far easier.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/RigIt

Therefore, having dual extrusion and filament like Innofill coould make an equivalent for pre assembled parts and hard to clean supports just like powder does.

Ive recently finished the wirbelwind turret for the panzer 4 chassis. The chassis itself is still on my desk in peices, so i borrowed my other one for display purpose!

the finished chassis will have accomodation for boxes containing spare barrels at the engine ventilation on the sides of the engine deck.

For the interested reader, the wirbelwind was intended to support the panzer division with much needed airsupport. The wirbelwind, equiped with quadmounted 20mm flak38 guns, excelled at engaging low flying aircraft aswell as light ground vehicles. The combined rate of fire was about 1600 rounds/min, which was requiered to engage low and fast flying fighters, this explains the open topped design, the guns produced massive amounts of smoke!

The gun was manned by the gunner, training and firering the guns, aswell as two loaders with acces to about 3200 rounds of ammo.

The wirbelwind (and ostwind) was later intended to be replaced by the closedtop kugelblitz.

foto 4

Guns lowered.

foto 7

Detail of gunner position.

foto 6

Guns and aa sight raised.

foto 5

Guns lowered showing the sight linkage.

Awesome work Targeter! :roll:

Yeah those parts are pretty clean!! Really nice.

Whats its size? From the look of that carpet that tank looks pretty small :)

That looks greeeatt!

Those things were awesome in company of heroes.

Awesome prints guys

My latest project in video:

I haven't used any sanding at all, only steel wool, and only for a few minutes, I haven't found it hard at all.

I actually do have a vibratory tumbler I use for jewellery, but I have't tried it for Bronzefill.

You can try with this waterproof sandpaper !

Don't forget to polish with steel wool or use a king of rock polishing machine like this guy !

Targeter - fantastic print!

What is not printed in this model? Would love to try and print it myself. ;)

Wow Targeter! That Pz 4 wirbelwind looks sweet!