Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

Raptor claw :)

Raptor claw

Because I have a nephew who's fond of dinosaurs (aren't they all?).

Also because I'm good in roughing things up and that is something you can do here to make it look a bit more real. :)

So i just received my Ultimaker 2 and have printed the first robot without changing anything to the settings. Can anyone tell me what settings i need to change in order to prevent the rough edges and dripping with the 'bridges' as you can see in the picture. Should i slow the printing speed?

IMG 20140726 103651

Welcome Joeri!

The overhangs is always the most difficult. It does look like slowing the printer speed here might help. Slower speed and lots of airflow! :)

Meet my latest print: A vase for the wife :)

Wavey Vase

I haven't used any sanding at all, only steel wool, and only for a few minutes, I haven't found it hard at all.

I actually do have a vibratory tumbler I use for jewellery, but I have't tried it for Bronzefill.

Hey guys,

I have some news regarding my bronzefill printed ring.

After having it on for two days, my finger turned bleu and green! ( and no it was not printed too tightly. ) i am not yet sure if this was due to the patina paint i have used, but iirc there are no bronze jewely because of this. ( actually google does not provide a definitive answer).

I must say that i really like the Bronzefill though, it feels like a more solid object than the light pla.

My first print in Bronzefill, tried various polishing techniques but settled for fine grain sand paper (240 grit), rotating brass wire brush with a dremel on low speed and finally Autosol polishing paste with a rag.

The aged look is accomplished with applying a layer of black spraypaint and instantly afterwards try to wipe as much paint as possible off with a rag, this is done right before the final polishing.

Nice one medusa!

You give me an idea! Im gonna check if i can find a decent skyrim logo for printing, because the look is rather similar to yours. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Raptor claw :)

Because I have a nephew who's fond of dinosaurs (aren't they all?).

Also because I'm good in roughing things up and that is something you can do here to make it look a bit more real. :)

You know what would be awesome.?

Print some of these and bury them in your kids sand belt (zandbak in dutch, anyone can translate.?) When they are old enough , they will find a treasure themselves!

Cheers!

You mean sandpit (but I got it, speak dutch as well) ;)

And that is actually a very good idea!

I have some news regarding my bronzefill printed ring.

After having it on for two days, my finger turned bleu and green!

I'm gonna be "that guy" and point out that I asked about this early on when bronze fill came out but everyone ignored me :p It should be pretty easy to avoid though, just spray some clear lacquer on it?

So i just received my Ultimaker 2 and have printed the first robot without changing anything to the settings. Can anyone tell me what settings i need to change in order to prevent the rough edges and dripping with the 'bridges' as you can see in the picture. Should i slow the printing speed?

If you are using the gcode that is included at the SD Card you don't have to change any settings. The print should be come out better than yours.

Make sure both side fans are running at 100% after the first few layers. I had the same same problem with my new um2. The connector in the black meshtube for the fans was not connected!

Have you ever seen an Ultimaker printing upside down?

Nice timelapse :) A new way to manage overhangs?? :mrgreen:

Won't those become "underhangs"? As in they droop down? Or perhaps the re-melting when the nozzle touches it for the next layer will be good enough to push it in place along the way.. hmmm :)

Marvel Avenger box create to hold 27 cartridge, with 3 compartments of 9 seats. The Project consists of 36 pieces and a spring mechanism for the closure. Designed with Autodesk Invetor and printed with Ultimaker 2 in a very long time

Box PSVita

Looks pretty awesome for a third print :) great job

I took the LeFabShop belt and printed it for a wristband:

Its bracelet time!

Faberdashery Aurora and Glacial Blue. This filament is so easy to print!!!

IMG 20140728 192456

IMG 20140727 170316

Finally got to have a decent print with colorfabb fine wood filament. Sanding is really easy with it.

IMG 20140728 210025

Tried a second one after that and add to pause 4 times to partially unclog and continue. In the end I stopped watching for 5 minutes and it clogged big time :(

Its kids size. Here is the link https://www.youmagine.com/designs/bracelet-kid-size

Yeah I have laywoo-d3 here but until I can get my hands on a nozzle with a bigger hole in I'm not going to risk it. Your experience only strengthens that idea. Looking great though

I wouldn't say no to a second nozzle with a 0.6 or 0.8 nozzle just for that.

Did anyone got 2 nozzles installed on the UM2 not to be used for dual extrusion?

@ pm_dude

That would be an interesting concept...

Nice bracelets, love the colours of the material you used. Will shoot for Faberdashery after I go through the Colorfabb materials I bought.

@pm_dude: According to Colorfabb you should be able to print woodFill with a 0.4 nozzle. I wonder what went wrong there. How hot did you print?

The last 2 prints were print with:

Nozzle: 225C (reading from colorfabb I could try lower temp)

Bed: 60C

Height: 0.1mm

Speed: 60mm/s

Flow at 108%

And off topic I scored 52680@ Bleeding Edge :)

Small update!

Did some more printing with wood fill fine.

I changed the temp to 210 - 220 with still a lot of clogging. Reduced speed to like 30mm/s and got the same thing... That was a 0.15mm layer height this time.

I ended up boosting the flow to 130% in a sort of desperate attempt to get it to flow and it worked!!!

Actually its better than my previous print. Less coarse, smoother, no under extrusion. It ran at 55mm/s all the way except the first layer was at 30mm/s. I even got some strings to remove at the end.

Final settings:

55mm/s

0.15mm height

220C/60C

Flow 130%

IMG 20140729 222323

IMG 20140729 222300

IMG 20140729 221614

I dont know whats up with the wave inside but it looks like wood!

I'll definitively try again win less flow just to see (between 110% and 130%)

I printed some stuff with woodfill fine, i had some clogs it seems to me that 220°c is a good temperature to go.

There's a profile you can download from their website for Cura. I only printed in layers of 0.24 to 0.27mm and the result was pretty good maybe that's the setting you should change and not the flow.

It also seems to me that it works better with retraction disabled.

The prints i made were at 50mm/s and shells of 1.2mm.

I'd say that if you have to increase the flow a lot maybe the head is still partially clogged?

@ pm_dude

That would be an interesting concept...

Nice bracelets, love the colours of the material you used. Will shoot for Faberdashery after I go through the Colorfabb materials I bought.

Which make take some time :mrgreen:

The Wall of Colorfabb fun!

I only printed in layers of 0.24 to 0.27mm and the result was pretty good

I'll have to try it

@TMrevlje Holy poop! yep that will take some time.