Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

That key is nice, is that your own model?

I usually make my own model but not this time :)

Needed to be made in a hurry for the tournement, I downloaded it from thingsiverse

Printed a few holders for the quick-change tool holders on my CNC mill that resides at Stockholm Makerspace.

Material is Colorfabb Dutch Orange PLA, the color is a perfect match :)

Tercohållare

Skull

I couldn't be more pleased with my new Ultimaker 2!

Here's a screenshot of the supports generated in MeshMixer:

Skull with MeshMixer-generated supports

Sorry to crash the party but I see some (very faint) underextrusion. Also there is some banding. Did you by chance print with Faberdashery white and which settings did you use?

I am asking because I have a somewhat similar issue.

I couldn't be more pleased with my new Ultimaker 2!

Here's a screenshot of the supports generated in MeshMixer:

Nice printed skull!

Maybe you could share the Model-file?

Sorry to crash the party but I see some (very faint) underextrusion. Also there is some banding. Did you by chance print with Faberdashery white and which settings did you use?

I am asking because I have a somewhat similar issue.

Hmm. I've used a few different 3D printers over the past couple of years. This skull ranks up there with one of the best prints I've gotten from an FDM printer, and I'm quite picky (I'm a professional illustrator/graphic artist, planning to use my Ultimaker 2 for sculpture work, among other things). The skull is only about 2.5 inches in height. I had to use a macro lens to take the photo on my DSLR, then I reduced the image in Photoshop which sharpened it. The coin in the background is a US quarter.

Here are the settings I used (if you click on the photo I posted, you'll see more info):

0.1 layer height

0.8 shell thickness

Retraction enabled

0.8 Bottom/Top thickness

20% Fill Density

30 mm/s Print speed

Colorfabb Standard White filament

Print time: 10 hours

Hmm. I've used a few different 3D printers over the past couple of years. This skull ranks up there with one of the best prints I've gotten from an FDM printer, and I'm quite picky (I'm a professional illustrator/graphic artist, planning to use my Ultimaker 2 for sculpture work, among other things). The skull is only about 2.5 inches in height. I had to use a macro lens to take the photo on my DSLR, then I reduced the image in Photoshop which sharpened it. The coin in the background is a US quarter.

Here are the settings I used (if you click on the photo I posted, you'll see more info):

0.1 layer height

0.8 shell thickness

Retraction enabled

0.8 Bottom/Top thickness

20% Fill Density

30 mm/s Print speed

Colorfabb Standard White filament

Print time: 10 hours

Oops… Forgot to add:

Nozzle temp: 220

Bed temp: 60

Retract length: 5.5mm

Retract speed: 35mm/s

I also find that enabling combing gives me fewer surface blemishes.

Nice printed skull!

Maybe you could share the Model-file?

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:43591/#files

I downloaded the skull_Fill_Build_Space.stl file which is the entire skull as a single piece. The model had some visible faceting on its surface (especially the top of the skull) due to the relatively low polygon count for such a detailed model, so I brought it into Blender and applied a subdivision surface modifier set to 1 subdivision level before I exported it and brought it into MeshMixer to generate supports.

hi guys.

can i ask. has anyone designed a iphone holder that can clip onto the bottom of a steering wheel.

I have a really good new app for speed cameras but I want the screen to be pinned onto my steering wheel so I can see what little nasties are coming up.

I had a quick look around and couldn't find anything.. anyone have this before I start up solidworks ??

Thanks.

Gruss Gott aus Bayern

Ian :-)

Finally got around to painting my coca cola logo. I wanted to keep the colors simple to get that unmistakable coca cola feeling.

Coca Cola Logo

Coca cola logo

Watched Terminator 1 during the weekend, and what do you know, I felled compelled to print it. :grin: The http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:288467 is on Thingiverse. It was printed on Ultimaker Silver Metallic @ .1mm layers, 60mm/s, 230deg, 10% infill and with no support. I'm quite happy with the results since there's no visible print lines, I didn't do any cleanup and it looks pretty nice. Great material! Now printing one at the maximum build volume of the UM2, 30+ hours!

t800 1t800 2

Finally got around to painting my coca cola logo. I wanted to keep the colors simple to get that unmistakable coca cola feeling.

Ho wow thats pretty good!

Watched Terminator 1 during the weekend, and what do you know, I felled compelled to print it. :grin: The model is on Thingiverse. It was printed on Ultimaker Silver Metallic @ .1mm layers, 60mm/s, 230deg, 10% infill and with no support. I'm quite happy with the results since there's no visible print lines, I didn't do any cleanup and it looks pretty nice. Great material! Now printing one at the maximum build volume of the UM2, 30+ hours!

I love this material. I'm almost out already and need to find a replacement... Pretty nice print :). Speed might have been your main issue. Still, pretty cool!

Did a set of eight 170mm wheels for an 88mm Flak. Material innofil black ABS, layer 0.25mm, no fans. Each wheel has a weight of around 200g (hollow). Part of the rim and the shafts are printed separately with 0.1mm.

Approx. 120h in total, plus 6h for one that failed because stupid me had to try out another glue stick.

At first I used ultimaker black ABS. Turns out the innofil materials prints allot better.

I printed this bad boy earlier this year at the request of the production designer.

Printed at various resolutions and speeds in about 25 pieces and total print time of 120hours+

rough wingspan was 550mm and it took a hell of a lot of paint and filler to get it to a stage to get it to be Nickel plated (most of it done by a talented friend)

IMG 0191IMG 0192IMG 0193

Lucky bastard, having access to the original files like that. Some people would pay good money for that file I'm sure :D

Lucky bastard, having access to the original files like that. Some people would pay good money for that file I'm sure :D

Sadly i don't have them anymore either :(

Just a few, of my latest, printed objects...These are my first self painted models.

IMG 1615

IMG 1613

IMG 1612

IMG 1626

IMG 1624

IMG 1628

IMG 1629

First try to print a picture. It's my wedding :mrgreen:

IMG 1631

Looks with a bit of color even better

IMG 1632

Hey guys, this is not my model, or my print. It was however, printed on a UM2 by a company called Ownage. The UM2 was given to them in collaboration with CG student awards to print the student trophy.

This was the winning entry.

Can anyone recognise that support structure? ownage typically use high end printers, so it's possible it was sliced in something else, I can't understand why they'd choose to print the base at an angle like that, unless it was to avoid internal overhangs, allowing a hollow print, also possible, that the supports are completely custom, each part has it's own flat base / riser, good idea to keep your support from breaking off the glass bed.

1889096 709006429154176 7968959130718005393 O

10551560 709009872487165 5411998362219126667 O

Woah... one day, when I grow up, I will be printing stuff like that! *dreams*

I've printed a 3d scanned Motorcycle Glove I've done a long time ago. It tool 7 hours to print at 0.1 layer height. The print speed was something around 30mm/s. I'm still amazed at how strong and light PLA prints are! I have a whole album of photos of this print.

Motorcycle glove 6

Motorcycle glove 3d scan 1Motorcycle glove 3d scan 2Motorcycle glove 3d scan 3 wireMotorcycle glove 6Motorcycle glove 7Motorcycle glove 9Motorcycle glove 10Motorcycle glove 11Motorcycle glove 12Motorcycle glove 13Motorcycle glove 14Motorcycle glove 15Motorcycle glove 18Motorcycle glove 19Motorcycle glove 22Motorcycle glove 25Motorcycle glove 26Motorcycle glove 27Motorcycle glove 28Motorcycle glove 29Motorcycle glove 30

Hey guys, this is not my model, or my print. It was however, printed on a UM2 by a company called Ownage. The UM2 was given to them in collaboration with CG student awards to print the student trophy.

This was the winning entry.

Can anyone recognise that support structure? ownage typically use high end printers, so it's possible it was sliced in something else, I can't understand why they'd choose to print the base at an angle like that, unless it was to avoid internal overhangs, allowing a hollow print, also possible, that the supports are completely custom, each part has it's own flat base / riser, good idea to keep your support from breaking off the glass bed.

That's an awesome print! It looks like they printed on that angle because the final sculpture's front base has so much of an overhang.

Looks great, scan looks good too, what did you use to scan it?

I've printed a 3d scanned Motorcycle Glove I've done a long time ago. It tool 7 hours to print at 0.1 layer height. The print speed was something around 30mm/s. I'm still amazed at how strong and light PLA prints are! I have a whole album of photos of this print.