Post your latest print!

IRobertI

Posted · Post your latest print!

So I've made this, just because I liked it:

Butterfly

Ow, and a bunch of these, you can never have enough:

3mm Filament Clips

And until my ball bearings arrive for Roberts spoolholder, I'll have to settle for this piece:

Filament Guide

:)

Hey guys, cool stuff is happening here all the time. Check out my new projects I've been working on lately. I've passed my 3rd year at Ninja Theory and I've sculpted and printed a stylized Dante character. He's 16 cm tall and he's made up of 8 parts. The other little guy is still just a prototype, but will end up as a Wacom pen holder.

Dmc 02 Low

Dmc 01 Low

T 02

T 01

Hey guys, cool stuff is happening here all the time. Check out my new projects I've been working on lately. I've passed my 3rd year at Ninja Theory and I've sculpted and printed a stylized Dante character. He's 16 cm tall and he's made up of 8 parts. The other little guy is still just a prototype, but will end up as a Wacom pen holder.

That's very cool! What treatments have you done to the surface of these models after printing?

That's very cool! What treatments have you done to the surface of these models after printing?

Thanks mechaMecha, the usual sanding with a Dremel and it has a few layers of Tamiya grey primer on.

Cabo what dremel bits do you use for this? My dremeling on printed models usually results in molten plastic...

Cabo what dremel bits do you use for this? My dremeling on printed models usually results in molten plastic...

Hi Blizz, I have a Dremel 8200 and use it with very low speed +SC511 Abrasive Buffs grit 180/280. You have to be careful even with these tools. Try to do a light sanding to remove some of the print lines or other defects and spray a few light layers of primer. After that you can be a bit more "agressive", at least with the Tamiya primer. Hope this helps.

eyes make all the difference...

10614315 10152231193426814 4255430554612854538 N

eyes make all the difference...

They do indeed! Did you make them eyes?

scorpion

scorpion

scorpion

scorpion

scorpion

scorpion

thank you for plastic igo3d.ru #ultimaker2 #3dprint and special thanks to Konstantin :) Denis Fedorenko from Salekhard for help too! ultimaker 2 team i love you! not very good paint....

No, I found them on Etsy, but I'm keen to make my own.

They do indeed! Did you make them eyes?

Finally got some Bronzefill!!

First bronzefill print, first polishing and first timelapse...

IMG 20140812 200809

IMG 20140813 223645

I'll have to work a bit on those settings. I'm happy that the ears did hold up even with no support

Awesome stuff, I think with the bronze fill the little under extrusion that is showing isn't even that bad. It gives it an authentic touch.

Hey OliverC

I really like the model you printed on your machine.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/972342_10151611957103605_1242433660_n.jpg

Can i have the stl file.

Regards

Fawad

started playing around with clip together parts and rotational parts using a single print.

Pretty pleased with the results. These were printed simply to test the concept and feasibility. I printed one for a friend who may test it out this weekend on a hike.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I bought a cheap Chinese DAC/AMP (mostly to get an external volume knob) and I needed a mount for it. It was also my first attempt at finishing a print with paint. Let's just say it was a learning experience... I made lots of mistakes and my respect for airbrushers increased even more. You might not be able to tell in the images but there's lots and lots of terrible areas. I got weird tiny air bubbles in the spray filler. Rushed the sanding. And it looked almost like pieces of fiber was in the paint, it looked like if you had shaken out a t-shirt over the wet paint but it came straight out the airbrush, very weird. The next time I'm sure I'll get a better result.

But I think it came out reasonably close to the render I made before hand so I'm still happy about it :)

FortMount02

FortMount01

@Cleven nice. I'm making replacement clips and wheel parts for the dishwasher of a friend. The clip snap on the wheel and the lower rack. It's pretty fun to make :)

@Robert I say it's looking pretty good!

Time for some more random creation.

This time I made a key. A real functional one. Only one revision and it worked!

PhotoGrid 1408120140696

I dont really expect to use this too often but it was fun to try it out :)

after a long fight with my Ulti 2.

I've won.

w8lxcc7v.jpg

DSC07669

DSC07667

DSC07676

black copy (happy family) :)))

Something very simple. A lens cover for my Oculus Rift DK2 camera, to protect my privacy.

Oculus Rift DK2 lens cover

It's an IR-camera with some filter for visual light. But that's what the camera can see (with no "recording light" visible!):

https://developer.oculusvr.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=11385&start=80#p167636

A little bit paranoic, I know. For that reason I have printed it in "aluminium foil silver" ;)

@pm_dude: How did you model the key? By eye or did you scan it with something?

Man so many cool prints here. I don't even dare to show my puny prints because they seem so mundane compared to yours.

Caliper in hand and a picture from my phone

Respect for having a working key on the first try...

Not first try. I revised it once. But it was pretty close :). Only the railings had to be moved a little. The key pattern was good.