cura 14.3 changes to print interface are unusable.

vincejgeisler

Posted · cura 14.3 changes to print interface are unusable.

Whilst on this subject, is there any chance that we will ever see a different Printer Interface? With more functionality?

As you know I want a Pause button and HATE going to Repetier to do the jobs that I need this feature.

I have zero problems with USB printing on 2 lap tops and 1 desktop printer that I use.. Not one failure that I can't explain.. But I accept that certain combinations of hardware/software might cause problems, so my situation may not be typical.

Since you have so many problems with USB, I fear that you will drop USB support altogether, in favour of an "SD Card" model... And just want to check that USB will continue in its current (or better) form.

jon

We won't drop usb printing all together. ALso, the new version of cura will support plugins, making it much easier for other people (comunity people, other companies, whatever) to build such interfaces as an addition to Cura.

We won't drop usb printing all together. ALso, the new version of cura will support plugins, making it much easier for other people (comunity people, other companies, whatever) to build such interfaces as an addition to Cura.

Cheers.. I just hope that there is pause functionality at some point (like Repetier does) as I really think this is a major feature which is missing..

Only last night I was printing for hours and needed to clean something off the head, and I just wish I could have paused for a second.. Moved the head.. Cleaned it.. And resumed.. A feature which works flawlessly in Repetier.