Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
duesentrieb

Repairing a printed vase

Hi everybody,

it´s my girlfriends birthday. She loves flowers and pink. So last night I printed this vase on my UM:

Pink Vase

Pink Vase

It´s a Double Twisted Vase by FabLabMaastricht http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:37327

From the inside it looks very spikey.

Pink Vase

It looks great. She total loves it, me too. Only problem is, it is not completely watertight. In one layer some drops come out.

Pink Vase

Has anybody an idea to repair this print? I am thinking of melting the PLA locally a little bit, but how to do and not destroy the print? Or painting... Anybody done sth. like this before and got experience with this or other tips. Your help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Philip

P.S.: It´s printed with the spiralize feature which is absolutely awesome for vases. Joris great idea, Daid well done.

Thanks for your answers. The places are hard to reach with a soldering iron from the inside, and from the ourside... won´t look that good. But the idea is good. Silicone, is also possible, same with Ponal. Bought some on Thursday, none waterproof on course... :mad: But waterproof wouldn´t work... Mhm what about clear varnish?... Will go to the hardware store next week. Not yet sure what to buy...

Philip