43tesseracts

How to add multiple custom filament setting on UM2

Posted · How to add multiple custom filament setting on UM2

I am able to add one custom setting which shows up as Custom1. Is there a way to add more? Can I name them something more descriptive?

Currently I have PLA, ABS, and CUSTOM1.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you can add two entries. But no, you can't change their names at this time.

Does anyone know how to add multiple custom filament settings on the U2? I can do it with my other printer easily using Repetier Host, but can't figure it out on my U2 =(

With the latest firmware this is what I did in the menu on the printer:

Material -> Settings -> Customize -> Change the settings to what you want them to be -> Store as preset -> New preset (or you can overwrite any of the old presets)

When you click on the last step it will return to the menu you were in previously so it looks like nothing happened. But if you back out of that menu and go back to the settings once more you'll find a new "CUSTOM X" at the bottom. I just tried to add a few and stopped at 5. You can't seem to rename them though.

I found you could rename them, by exporting to the SD card and editing the text file, then importing from the SD card.