im cleaning up a little at the moment

ian

Posted · im cleaning up a little at the moment

OK just for information.

Some spam bot program or hacker has this forum BIG TIME !!! targeted.

And the spam accounts and their crap are flowing into this forum like diareha !

Once again I have spent my first 30 minutes of work, cleaning this crap... even more spam account today than ever....

Also notice that the amount of real new treads have collapsed in the last 2 weeks.

New users and old are seeing this forum, when I am away, full with spam every where, selling every piece of crap imaginable and then going some where else.

I dont blame them ! If I walked into a forum that looked like a waste bag, I would also turn heels and go...

So just for helpful information. I am not and cannot continue to waste buckets of time, cleaning this place out every morning !

Please top admin !!! new forum software or new anti spam measures installed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or like many others, I might myself decide to turn heels and go.... :-(

• Replies 57
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i cant win.... just checked the forum again a minute ago.

next wave of spam attachs, over 10 new users with multiple spam treads.

no one is posting normal things.. only the spam..... and no one will help me......a sad day..... :-(

Ian :-(

i cant win.... just checked the forum again a minute ago.

next wave of spam attachs, over 10 new users with multiple spam treads.

no one is posting normal things.. only the spam..... and no one will help me......a sad day..... :-(

Ian :-(

I'm still posting, Ian! And I know Daid is still posting (with prompt replies to my posts).

The spam is annoying, but I still prefer it to the inferior usability of the Google group. Thanks for your efforts. I wish I had time to help.

-Cal

thank you !

i took a holiday from the forum and came back today to have a look...

there are loads and loads of honest normal posts waiting to be approved.

new users from around the world wanting to say hello and ask simple questions and there new posts are not shown before they are aproved... i wont say no new user posts have been approved ? but i went through the list and there are comments from new members 3 and 4 weeks old..

if i was a new member, that would really leave me with a bad taste in my mouth... :-(

seems like the owners have just left the site alone and on security... do not enter mode.....

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Why am I not surprised...

Last visit and post from Alexander: Nov 01, 2012. Last post over at the google groups January 09.

Last post by "UltimakerAdmin": Dec 10, 2012. Erik's last post on google January 09.

In the thread about the forum over at the https://groups.google.com/d/msg/ultimak ... f-sJE2ZLkJ

]google groups[/url] (*sigh*) Alexander says that the forum will be changing platforms and that this is expected to happen mid/end of December. We are now fast approaching the end of January...

The one person from Ultimaker that posts and visits frequently is daid and he's paid for software development.

actually I thought Daid was UM, and he runs the forum too doesn't he?

are you saying other people also work for UM?! shock!

and isn't Daid the guy who writes all the software too? how does he have so many hours in the day? I wish we knew these secrets? ;)

actually I thought Daid was UM, and he runs the forum too doesn't he?

are you saying other people also work for UM?! shock!

and isn't Daid the guy who writes all the software too? how does he have so many hours in the day? I wish we knew these secrets? ;)

Actually, Daid is the name we used when we joined our minds in a collective hive-mind at Ultimaker.

All jokes aside. I do not run, nor want to run the forums. Alexander is responsible for community management. So he does the forums.