Print head too high from print bed

printedman

Posted · Print head too high from print bed

I have open a ticket but unable to submit a photo to explain it. Hope someone here can help out, thanks.

My ticket:

Hi,

After receiving the Ultimaker 2, during the initial print head levelling process, this issue happened. The print head is too high above the print bed. Please advise what should I do.

UM2UM2t1UM2P2 17A1402UM2P2 17A1403speedRobotCap 00RobotCap 01RobotCap 02

That's bad news. You might have to return it. Did you try it several times? You can just turn off power and try again.

I think the bed moved the wrong direction - after the rear point, the bed moves down, the head moves to the front left, then the bed moves back up. I think maybe it skipped that step or moved the wrong direction. Posting a video would help.

If this does this repeatedly open a ticket at:

http://support.ultimaker.com

Hi, thanks for your advice. I guess I misunderstand the manual. It says "Rotate the button until the nozzle is a millimetre away from the buildplate" and I take it as the screw under the buildplate which was in fact referring to the UM2 Rotating button." So now problem solve, thank you.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
    • Our picks

• UltiMaker Cura 5.7 stable released
        Cura 5.7 is here and it brings a handy new workflow improvement when using Thingiverse and Cura together, as well as additional capabilities for Method series printers, and a powerful way of sharing print settings using new printer-agnostic project files! Read on to find out about all of these improvements and more. 

• 18 replies
      • S-Line Firmware 8.3.0 was released Nov. 20th on the "Latest" firmware branch.
        (Sorry, was out of office when this released)

This update is for...
        All UltiMaker S series  
        New features

Temperature status. During print preparation, the temperatures of the print cores and build plate will be shown on the display. This gives a better indication of the progress and remaining wait time. Save log files in paused state. It is now possible to save the printer's log files to USB if the currently active print job is paused. Previously, the Dump logs to USB option was only enabled if the printer was in idle state. Confirm print removal via Digital Factory. If the printer is connected to the Digital Factory, it is now possible to confirm the removal of a previous print job via the Digital Factory interface. This is useful in situations where the build plate is clear, but the operator forgot to select Confirm removal on the printer’s display. Visit this page for more information about this feature.
        • 0 replies