Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
printedman

Print head too high from print bed

I have open a ticket but unable to submit a photo to explain it. Hope someone here can help out, thanks.

My ticket:

Hi,

After receiving the Ultimaker 2, during the initial print head levelling process, this issue happened. The print head is too high above the print bed. Please advise what should I do.

UM2UM2t1UM2P2 17A1402UM2P2 17A1403speedRobotCap 00RobotCap 01RobotCap 02

That's bad news. You might have to return it. Did you try it several times? You can just turn off power and try again.

I think the bed moved the wrong direction - after the rear point, the bed moves down, the head moves to the front left, then the bed moves back up. I think maybe it skipped that step or moved the wrong direction. Posting a video would help.

If this does this repeatedly open a ticket at:

http://support.ultimaker.com

Hi, thanks for your advice. I guess I misunderstand the manual. It says "Rotate the button until the nozzle is a millimetre away from the buildplate" and I take it as the screw under the buildplate which was in fact referring to the UM2 Rotating button." So now problem solve, thank you.