Posted · My First 3D printing

It was a quickprint setting 'Normal quality print'

and i did another print and i got similar out come

the 2nd print setting:

speed 30 mm/s

bed temp 75

print temp 210 - 220

Pla Material

some time i need to increase the material flow to 500% so it can continue printing otherwise the material will stop flowing

But when i got the UM2 few days ago there was some damage to the back case will that effect the print

photo2 (2)

photo1 (2)

Omar`s settings

30/mms

75 bed temp

print temp 210-220

I would check that the feeder is pulling material though properly without slipping and also reduce bed temp from 75 to 60c. Is the role of filament a full new one? Make sure there are no tangles.

some time i need to increase the material flow to 500%

Don't do that. Instead either increase temperature: try 230C for nozzle.

Or slow down the print (feedrate). Don't increase material flow - that will end up doing the opposite because the feeder will skip (the black thing on the back of the machine).

Lots of trail and error, mostly error at first. The chip/break should not make a difference.

I had so many bad print since I got my UM2 a week ago and I've tried every setting there is, but yesterday I've changed the ultimaker original the blue pla material to white pla that I got from Amazon, the print turned out to be perfect finally.

Can anyone explain to me what is going on?

Thanks you all

Most probably the white PLA has a larger diameter than the UM material. If you leave the diameter setting on your UM2 as it is, it will of course extrude more material per time. Or rather enough per time in your case as you suffered from underextrusion with the UM original material.

However, gr5 described the way how to deal with underextrusion.

Hi

I still have a problem with my print as you can see in picture I think its a material flowing issue

Print setting:

speed: 30 mm/s

bed temp: 70

print temp: 230 - 245

layer height: 0.2 mm

Pla Material

can anyone send me an .stl file of any part with full print setting UM2, so I can print it to test the printer, because i'm afraid that maybe some thing is wrong with my UM2.

photo22

photo2

Thank you

Omar

I wonder if your extruder motor knurled sleeve might be slipping? Use a permanent marker to put a mark on the motor shaft and the sleeve, where they stick out through the black extruder housing on the back of the printer. They should always stay lined up as the extruder motor turns. If the sleeve slips on the shaft, then you will get lots of under extrusion. In that case you need to remove the extruder assembly, and tighten the set screw that holds the sleeve in place.

Also, try printing this test piece to make sure your printer is extruding ok. You don't necessarily have to be able to print the whole thing successfully, but you should be able to get to 8 or 9 mm³/s without missing any lines:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3976-almost-always-missing-layers-underextruding/?p=33427

Just find out that the problem was on the feeder, there is screw missing on the feeder

10080373664 dc8d71b338 C

I tried to temporarily fix it with filament is seems that its working fine for now

photfilamento1

And I hope that the ultimaker team do some thing about that as i just got the UM2 a week ago.

Hey Omar, it`s just a small grub screw ( M3 I think, not near my printer to measure ). Should be easy to find one :)

I wonder if your extruder motor knurled sleeve might be slipping? Use a permanent marker to put a mark on the motor shaft and the sleeve, where they stick out through the black extruder housing on the back of the printer. They should always stay lined up as the extruder motor turns. If the sleeve slips on the shaft, then you will get lots of under extrusion. In that case you need to remove the extruder assembly, and tighten the set screw that holds the sleeve in place.

Also, try printing this test piece to make sure your printer is extruding ok. You don't necessarily have to be able to print the whole thing successfully, but you should be able to get to 8 or 9 mm³/s without missing any lines:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/3976-almost-always-missing-layers-underextruding/?p=33427

Hello,

This question may seem silly but how I change the filament? Do I just pull it? or do I need to losse the "Feeder screw"?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers!

so how did you fix the screw missing issue.