Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
somerwil

DWELL... ruining my prints with both Cura and RepG firmware

Hi guys,

I tried both Cura RC2 with the integrated firmware and the new Ultimaker firmware (Erik's build from 2012-04-18.2) with my new Ultipanel connected.

Both firmware appear to work fine, also with the panel which is really a nice add-on. I have good control of the machine with the panel and I can change the things I like during a print (with both firmwares as far as I tested them). I don't have a jumper on my PCB since it is not the latest spec PCB. I need to connect the UM with my PC still to print/ start up (which is related to the juper issue).

So far so good. Only known 'problems', I will need to add the jumper on the board.

I tried to print something however starting with Cura first. The installation was pretty smooth, and I was able to get it running without too much problems and got the machine going to print a part. Startup was really nice and the first couple of layers were printed nicely.

After approximately half an hour though the machine suddenly stopped. I took a look at the display and saw a new temperature was set at 0 degrees... The extrusion stopped but also the X and Y axes didn't move any more.

After this I decided to try the latest firmware from Erik, which is available through RepG. I installed this firmware (2012-04-18.2) to the machine without any problem. Had to redo some port settings but that's OK. I sliced a thing in Netfabb, added the M92 E14 code in the header of the gcode and started to print. After a few layers the machine suddenly stopped again. No movement on X and Y and 0 degrees temperature setting. On the Ultipanel it said "DWELL...". Honestly I don't know it that warning (or whatever it means) was on my Ultipanel with the Cura firmware but the output and result are pretty much the same: A big blob at the point were it stopped printing.

Everything appeared to be working just fine seconds before stopping since I can't see any other failures in the prints up to the blob.

Is this a bug in the firmware or is this related to my machine? I wa able to do some (good-looking) printing before trying these firmwares and programs.

Any help/ suggestion/ updated firmware is really appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Oh crap I think I have the same problem too. Cura RC2, with Marlin Firmware installed via Cura.

Print, print, print, then STOP. I don't have my Ulticontroller yet, so I can't see any DWELL.

What did you do to fix it? I don't have an extra temperature sensor lying around unfortunately...or should I try fiddling with the sensor's connector?