strange layer in model

ltc

Posted · strange layer in model

No, don't uncheck solid infill top. If you do you will have exposed infill patterns in the bottom of the pot (inside it) and also along the top rim of the pot. Instead try to uncheck all "Fix horrible" settings in the Expert settings window and then check the result in layer view like Didier advised.

It's always good to have a look at layer view before printing you would have seen this

Yes!

uncheck all "Fix horrible" settings

Yes!

@LTC - please don't use fileswap. I doubt they will still be hosting these pictures even just a month from now let alone 10 years. Instead click on "gallery" on the top left corner of this page, then click on the blue "upload" button. After uploading start a new post and click "my media" next to the smile icon.

Thank you all. I will try to uncheck the setting and print. Next time I will change the way of sharing pictures.

I uncheck the settings, but the result looks the same.

unknown layer in model

It could be something in the model itself. I've gotten wonky print files from people before and it turns out that the surface normals are goofy or there are unintentional internal faces and such. If you can get it into Blender or a similar program and really poke around to make sure everything is as you suspect, you may find your issue there. Usually when I have a strange disagreement like this between what I expect to print and what Cura produces, it comes down to the model. Might be worth checking if the settings don't fix it.

If you'd like to upload the file, I'm sure someone here would be glad to poke around at it to help you out.

Have you tried repairing the model in Netfabb Basic?

Strange! That always worked for me. Try the "keep open faces" checkbox. And if that doesn't work get the free version of netfab as simon says and repair it.

I uncheck the settings, but the result looks the same.

On the picture you uploaded on the window that says expert config. To the left of the red box you drew there is an area that says infill, You have solid infill top checked. uncheck then see what happens.

On the picture you uploaded on the window that says expert config. To the left of the red box you drew there is an area that says infill, You have solid infill top checked. uncheck then see what happens.

Did you make the model or download it? If you post the link we can look at it.

Also option is to edit the raw gcode and remove the last layer of code. Making the assumption that there is only 1 layer where the filament fills in the top.

If you havn't done that before look through the code. (its gonna be very long but easy enough to read) find the last layer. every layer starts with a comment ;layer. Delete from that line to the line Just before M107 command. leave that command. re-save then print

After almost 3 months, I still have the same problem on the strange layer.

My model in Cura of UM Original looks like this. It has a hollow center.

disc issue 1

In "Layers" mode, you may see a layer covering the hole in middle. It is not supposed to be generated.

disc issue 2

Here is my settings. The "Fix horrible" options are unchecked.

disc issue 3

I think it could be caused by the distance between model and the buildplate. So I try to make it higher.

disc issue 4

But the layer still exists.

disc issue 5

The issue also happens in Cura of UM2.

disc issue 6

disc issue 7

Any advice?