Responds time of the support?

Posted · Responds time of the support?

Sorry to hear that. I think they are interviewing and may be hiring two more support people soon. I think they are a bit busy right now. If something isn't working it is usually faster to ask on the forum but if you need a particular part replaced (especially the PCB) then there isn't much else you can do. But if for example you need a new piece of glass, or a screw or almost any part it might be faster to just buy one. Or if something isn't working (like a fan not turning on) we can probably help you fix it in minutes. Usually a photo or a video is needed.

You have to be aware that today it's a holiday in the Netherlands (Koninginnedag). So maybe some people are off for this week?

Based on Ultimaker's response times, they have been busy celebrating Chinese New Year, Lent (both Catholic and Orthodox), Songkran and Easter - now they are dealing with May Day before they'll start preparing for Ramadan.

Unfortunatelly I dont know how to replace that part. Its the unusual nut thats screwed onto the Nozzle. Its called "B1310-Z2P-A Hot end Isolator"

Thanks for the holiday info. Still haven't heard of the support yet. Damn I have so much I want to print!

@restinpieces and @gr5: Looking at your avatars, I realise that UM has not enough minions... ;)

You have to be aware that today it's a holiday in the Netherlands (Koninginnedag). So maybe some people are off for this week?

You can be a minion, too. Only color restrictions apply ;)

You can be a minion, too. Only color restrictions apply ;)

I'm more the Gru type... ;)

Unfortunatelly I dont know how to replace that part. Its the unusual nut thats screwed onto the Nozzle. Its called "B1310-Z2P-A Hot end Isolator"

Thanks for the holiday info. Still haven't heard of the support yet. Damn I have so much I want to print!

What is the issue you're having more specifically? Maybe there's something one of us can help you with.

In theory you can rotate that nut without taking off more than just the fans but when I tried it the white teflon piece inside made it difficult. It's best to take the head mostly apart. Remove the 4 screws that hold the side fans and let them hang by the wires. Then remove the four long thumb screws screws and take them out. Next remove the 2 screws that hold the 3rd fan - be careful there is a strong spring. After that, pull out the white teflon isolator and now you can stick a thin screwdriver through those holes on that nut you mentioned. If it doesn't turn easily, heat up the nozzle to above 100C. 240C is much too hot - I usually do 180C but even just 100C might be enough.

Did you break this nut? It will rotate much easier if you take out that white piece.

If the nut is completely destroyed you can continue by removing that long threaded thing which holds in the temp probe and heater. You must unscrew it at leat 4 full turns before removing the temp probe and heater or you might damage one or both of them. At that point you are ready to install a new nozzle and nut.

usefull stuff

Yes, unfortunatelly I broke the nut. I didn't realise how thin the wall is untill I destroyed it :( You can't really apply any force to it :(

One week! And still no repsonds from the support. This is getting ridiculous.

Have you contacted support with the ticket system? There you can add another message and change the urgency of your request. Maybe you send them a reminder?

On April 24 my UM2 broke:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5431-thermocouple-failure/

I created a ticket through the Ultimaker ticketing system on April 25 - which is 12 days ago. I sent a reminder on April 4. No response. What has Ultimaker managed to do during this time? They have elevated the priority of my ticket and they have allocated the ticket to a named person. Does my printer work? No. Do I have a clue of what shall happen next or when? No.

You may further elevate the priority and ask again. Maybe ask when you will get an answer; this usually works quite well with various companies. Just waiting is not the best way IMHO. To my personal experience, the clearer I state what I expect while being polite the faster I get what I want... so maybe you could also set them a deadline for the answer?

The priority of my ticket is already at the maximum - it was elevated by the Ultimaker people, so I guess I should feel privileged. As Sander has written on the forum, sending support plenty of messages doesn't help:

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/5059-arrrggghh-bits-missing/?p=46122

I have tried different levels of my own activity. My conclusion: you can sit quiet or spam or something in between: Ultimaker just doesn't bother.

Depending on where you are located, you might try to call them...

Depending on where you are located, you might try to call them...

Absolutely. I could also visit them or send them a fax.

With Ultimaker it's not only a problem to get a response from them - but it's also difficult to get relevant information from them. For several times, after receiving a response, I have thought to my myself - had they really read the messages I had written them? As I have need to refer to my earlier messages, I really prefer using e-mail (or the ticket system) as I don't want to start recording my phone calls.

In general, there is a limit to how much customers can be blamed for poor customer service experience.

Good news at least for me. I got a reponds from the support. They will place an order for the destroyed part. I don't know what got theit attention though.

Maybe this post? ;) I'm glad you got an answer...

Yes, unfortunatelly I broke the nut

Oh. Bummer. There should be a warning somewhere: "Never turn this nut without the head being at 180C as PLA turns to incredible thread superglue below 80C and this nut is made of some delicate material similar to brass or tinfoil".

Good news at least for me. I got a reponds from the support. They will place an order for the destroyed part. I don't know what got theit attention though.

I also got a response from support on May 7: delivery of spare part was promised. Nothing else has happened since. Except - the ticket status has been changed into "closed" in the support portal.

My UM2 has been out-of-order since April 24.

I had a question about my order for a spare part too. I got a reply saying that they had contacted the logistics department but didn't have my order number so couldn't get any information.

The order number was in the title of the e-mail, including the one they sent back to me stating they didn't have the order number....

Hi 3Poro and Green83,

Could you send me your ticketID if you are still in need of some help?

At the moment I am in San Francisco for the Maker Faire but I am sure I can reach out to one of my colleagues at HQ to help you out :)

Let me know if there is anything I can do.

The point about the sending reminders is that the ticket system is based on last activity because we want to help the one waiting the longest first. By sending a reminder you are moved back up in the line.

When we do not have a backlog in the ticket system this works really well, however when there is a (minor) delay in response time it can be an inconvenience.

We have hired more people for the support team so expect improvement on our response times soon! :)

Thank you all for understanding.

Hi guys,

recheived my replacement part on wednesday. Therefor it was 2 1/2 weeks for me. Not the fastest but I'm ok with it. Overall support was friendly and it seemd they realy try to help. They gave me a wrong or changed tracking number (Oo) which didn't help with the confusion and impatiance :D but at least the part is here and I can print again.

Good luck to the ones still waiting.

Hi 3Poro and Green83,

[...]

We have hired more people for the support team so expect improvement on our response times soon! :)

Thank you all for understanding.

Any news on this? My UM2 has been out-of-order since April 24. After 5 weeks, I don't even have a schedule for the spare parts.