11 Weeks for UM original and still shipment ready

Posted · 11 Weeks for UM original and still shipment ready

I ordered my UM original at feb 13th. At that time it said that delivery would be in March. Tomorrow we will hit May!!!

I called the company already a couple of times. In 2 cases they note my number since the person in-charge is not there and don't call back at all. Beginning last week I had someone on the phone and told me that delivery will be expected at the end of the week and that my order is at the top of the list. I know there was a delivery last Friday but I guess not to me. Then I called last Monday, they tell me your order will be shipped on Tuesday. Maybe there was a shipment but I can't see a thing. Today I called and they didn't call back.

Is there anybody at all that can tell me the truth and when shipment of order https://www.ultimaker.com/orders/R238128330 is really going to take place.

It really hurts to see that shipments are being done out of order especially if your are waiting for so long. The information I get when I call is not met. So what can I do now? I feel utterly lost.

Not good at all, I'm looking to buy one in the next couple of day and I think I will end up buying from a stockist as I would end up blowing my top over the lack of service.

After being able to talk on the phone again they told me that it will ship Friday. Lets hope that it will happen this time....

I feel your pain.

I have an original Ultimaker kit on order (R776378368) since 24 March - some 40 days (and countng).

I raised a ticket and was told to expect shipment today (Friday 2May14 - like your latest information!!

What a joke this is.

Lets hope they deliver both - keep us updated if you receive yours!....

Finally there it is, I got the shipment notification. Thanks ultimaker.

Machine arrived today, builing has started, i see that the frontpanel moved during cuting. The bearings fall through, hope I can glue them in later.It is clear something moved since not all holes are round and the marking 1D has a echo. I guess if the bearings are glued in it is hopefully no issue.

Better they sent you a new front panel, machine doesn't get better once you start fumbling around.

I know........ waiting sucks

Machine arrived today, builing has started, i see that the frontpanel moved during cuting. The bearings fall through, hope I can glue them in later.It is clear something moved since not all holes are round and the marking 1D has a echo. I guess if the bearings are glued in it is hopefully no issue.

Could you take some pictures and send them to our technical support?

They will be able to help you and make a proper judgement call if indeed you need a replacement panel or it can be resolved in another way.

Thank you for your time and our apologies for the inconvenience,

Hi Sander,

I created a ticket #IPY-693-76868 with 2 photos. What do you think? Would gluing them in be enough or would I get misalignment? I don't know how often this happens and what the consequence is.

Regards,

Eric

A new frontpanel will be send. I have to say that was quickly taken care of. The bad news is that I have to wait again. I have done the print head and the bed by now but I can't install the axis due to the front panel.

Hi Eric,

Thank you for your post.

What does the rest of the laser pack look like?

I see some of the markings are double, is it only the front panel?

I don't think you have to worry about the bearings falling out because it also has end-caps.

But you just want them to be stuck into place.

Keep me up to date about the replacement part. It should arrive shortly.

Thank you for your time,

Hi Sander,

As far as I can see all the other panels seem fine. It is only the front panel and the parts for the extruder which are on the same panel. I have finished the build platform and the hot end and the slider blocks without problems. Kind of stuck now, I don't want to install the electronics given the fact that I have to replace the front panel. The UltiController is also assembled.

I noticed while constructing the hot end that getting the brass pipe into the peek was easy but it looks like that the peek has some hair crack. I don't think it is broken through and I could tighten it. I will see when I run filament through if it is an issue.

I have to say it is a pleasure putting the kit together it is well thought out and the instructions are very good.

In the mean time I will look into modifying the build platform so I can make a heated platform found a very nice aluminium plate.

Regards,

Eric

I just received the replacement front panel. Thanks to the UM team for this quick response!

Build can continue!