Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
battzilla

"POP" around rear Extruder, stops feeding filament... PLEASE HELP

Im getting this popping sound around the read of the machine. RIGHT after it happens, the motor keeps turning but the filament stops feeding. There is no issue with the motor, and the screw is tightened plenty.

I can manually turn the gear and it moves the filament back and forth with no issue. The prints are fine for the first 3-4 layers then thats when the pop happens and it stops feeding filament.

I have a new nozzle too, works just fine. The machine is a UM1, with the V2 extruder.

Filament: PLA 2.85mm

temp: 220

speed: 100%

Not quite I understand what was happening here and how you fixed it? Was the bowden tube popping out of the head of the printer? Then again, it's 3AM and I should be sleeping... brain is no worky very good :p

There was a lot of wiggling on the bowden tube at the extruder, so I took it out, wrapped tape around it and put it back in. It stopped wiggling all over and now its working.. not sure why but the issue is fixed. But its causing problems with prints. check out my other thread.