Prints well in the front but not in the back of the printer

suminvent

Posted · Prints well in the front but not in the back of the printer

I have the manual, but that cover is pushed over the axes and even with a screwdriver i cant get it off.

I'm afraid to damage it also.

Marc

• 4 weeks later...
    • Replies 59
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a lot of searching i found that the cover is attached with screws also. They are not mentionned in the manual and you can only see them on the pictures if you know where to look.

Anyway, i had it with the ultimaker 2.

I launched a critical ticket on the 17th of july with the question if i can send the printer back so Ultimaker can take a look at it to correct this problem. No answer so far.

My commercial loss is already over 10 000 € (and that is an understatement).

I'm going to look for another printer that has good support.

Marc

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

After my last post i was contacted by Ultimaker and they arranged a pick-up for my printer.

A week later i had it back and now it finally works like it should ! I can print large flat surfaces without problems.

Thanks guys !

You did a good job. The only regrettable thing is it took so long. Please continue making great tools !

Marc

Good news that your U2 is now working! You said that you replaced the one rod yourself and that helped a little. Did Ultimaker give you details on what they did to fix the issue? Was it a bent gantry, misaligned metal bed or what?

The back left quadrant of my build plate is also lower than the back right. I can clearly see that on the first layer, the filament is flattened out in the left and right front and back right, but round (like raw filament is just laying on the bed) in the back left. A lot of my first layer prints look like your pictures.

If it was just misaligned, how do I re-align it myself?

Thanks!

-=Randy

Lucky you to be located near the Netherlands. My UM2 has exactly the same problem and I simply gave up on this.

Hi Randy and Shurik,

I will have someone from our technical support team contact you to give you some guidelines on how you can try and fix it yourself.

Thank you!

wooooaahhhhh!!!!!! now this is a very scary ordeal. im a newbie at 3d printing but ive been working with cad models for a ling time. so if it takes me 30 minutes to finish a building model, its scary that im faced with the option of printer malfunction issues, considering shipping to my country isnt cheap and takes 2 weeks minimum.

any architects out there? pls advise. thanks

Randy -

Here are some things to check:

1) Are the gantry cross-rods that go through the head fully seated in the sliding blocks? If you look down on the printer from above, are all four sliding blocks aligned parallel to the side of the printer, and not tipped in or outwards?

2) If you remove the glass from the bed, are all of the screwheads for the adjustment screws and glass clips at or below the level of the heated bed surface?

3) If you sit the printer on a hard flat surface, does it sit flat, or does it rock because one corner is higher than the others?

I had replied to another thread about my successful re-aligning. Didn't notice the question here until just now.

I loosened all the screws around the top/bottom of the U2 box, just enough to force the cube to be more square against my counter top. After re-tightening the screws, getting rid of the 1mm gap under the front right foot, I then loosened the 8 screws around the linear bearings on the z-stage and leveled the bed against the bottom of the U2, like the manual says. Once I had it all back together, I went through the leveling routine and all of my first layers are MUCH better than they used to be. I was able to print out a propeller protector for a quad copter that had failed 3 times in the past. It stretches from the far back left up to the very front right and the first layer's thickness/width looked identical all around. Very happy with the results.