need help with bad prints...

david-ganon

Posted · need help with bad prints...

my um2 work well, but i can not solve this problem:

the layer printed on top the support is very ugly !!!

and it seems the support break the lines printed above it.

here some pic:

20140608_214139.jpg

20140608 214126

20140607 220328

20140609_110128.jpg

20140609_110136.jpg

thanks.

Apparently I don't have permission to view your images, but I can see the thumbnails.

Why don't you just print that part upside down? It seems to have a flat surface on the other side which is ideal.

That's just the nature of this particular printing technology. Imagine this, paint a plank with a thick layer of thick paint, now lay that plank down on top of gravel and let the paint dry. What happens? The gravel digs into the paint and leaves big marks in it. This is basically the exact same thing that happens with FDM printing.

David,

Have you had a play with the support settings? (goto expert setting)

I usually use 'line' supports as they are much easier to remove, but they are not a stable as the grid.

It looks like you need more support try adjusting the percentage of support up to 30% this will mean the extruding plastic has less distant to bridge when printing the first layer over the support.

Finally i set the 'Z' offset the same as the layer height i am printing at. for example if I print at 0.1mm layers the Z offset is the same.

I hope this helps

Bob

what overhang should i write? 45/ 60 /30 ???

David,

60 should be fine, have a play with the settings and look at the layer view in cura to see which looks like it will work the best.