Sign in to follow this  
si2w

structur3d / discov3ry paste extruder

Posted · structur3d / discov3ry paste extruder

Hi,

I found the project on KickStarter :

It's an universal paste extruder who will work with any FDM 3D printer with stepper motors. What's your opinion ?

Someone have experience with paste 3D printers ? What kind of paste works well ?

The new head can be too heavy for the actual UM/UM2 head ?

What about the slicer ? Who control the extruder ? Will it affect the UM/UM2 long term reliability ?

Thanks for comments

G

You could make this yourself, not that difficult; Looks like they just use a stepper driver actuator emptying a syringe.

Could be made in a nice Youmagine (collab) project :mrgreen:

I do have already some steppers configured for working with syringes, I'd be interested in co-opping with someone to finalize the design :) Anyone? :D Dieselpower maybe? :D

Already have an Idea, for multiple sizes and up to 2 syringes (2 component resins maybe?)

Pretty simple; 2 linear guide rods + bearing, a lead screw + nut and a stepper motor for mechanical parts. Rest could be printed. We just need to ad an auxiliary plug to an 4 pole double throw switch, so you can choose the original extruder, or the aux. output

But... there's probably already a few out there?

I might have something cool to show you then, will post a picture as soon as i get home (might take a while :D)

I'm sure I've seen at least one design on Thingiverse for squirting chocolate and similar substances.