Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ultiarjan

unwanted hole

It seems you use a shell thickness of 1.6mm or similar. However, there is space for only three of the four lines. Maybe you try it with 1.2mm shell thickness. Before you print it, you could check it with layer view of Cura (which is always a good idea... ;-) ).

Shell 1p6

Shell 1p2

thanks, you're right, in this case it's very visible when checking in Cura....

however in the next model (nespresso cup holder) I find it very difficult to see in Cura what would be the best setting...

nespresso shell 1p6

nespresso shell 1p2

For the nespresso shell, try setting infill to 100% and then check layer view to see if it adds a little bit more in the curves - I'm not sure if it will.

I thought the same thing but the gap is shown in layer view also. Plus he doesn't have the other typical features of backlash.