Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
drayson

UltiControler display issue?

I've got the same thing on my display, only that it's much weaker and doesn't hurt much...

This is a typical quality issue with LCDs. There's some pressure or misalignment in the LCD casing, causing the glass to push away the liquid crystal. You can also see two brighter spots at the right edge of the display: This is where the LCD is held in place, and because there's some pressure applied, you can see the bright spots.

If you gently push the display with your finger, you get the same thing, but it disappears after you release it (don't push too hard!).

If you push the display too hard, the effect can remain permanently. Either that's the case with your display (somehow, something applied pressure to that point), or it's just a monday morning model...

Actually, we recently discovered that can be caused by ESD. Which is kinda hard to prevent. We're looking into adding a transparent protection plate to prevent this in the future.

@ Daid, any news on this??? I guess it´s some kind of ESD as I can read everything nicely when connecting just via USB and without PSU.

Please advice as I can´t read my display propperly (heat, flow rate...)

Had exactly! the same at the same spot!!! I got a replacement from ultimaker - if it is esd - it would be easy to shield it i guess by simply prevent touching the screen, the funny thing is that two displays have the same problem in the same area (coincidence?). But i think if it is already damaged it is too late :/

Started this tread a while ago, made some adjustments ant thought I can live with it.

Recently it become worse... Currently I've a hard time see anything in the area where the spot is.

@ UM service, is there any chance to get a replacement via warranty???

Or a guide how to replace the display?

Any hint appreciated!!!