Sign in to follow this  
dbotos

pinwheel repair

Posted · pinwheel repair

The factory part at the end of the stick that the wheel rotated on broke (probably due to our two-year-old smacking stuff with it). I modeled and printed a new piece of my own design and then discovered I hadn't left quite enough clearance between the blades and the stick, so I went back and made the secondary "hugger" piece and epoxied the first piece into it (it looks like it does to clear some ribs on the first piece). Fashioned an axle out of a 1/4" hex bolt that threads into the two blocks and made a little rounded button to cap that off with. ;)

Posted · pinwheel repair

looks very interesting but its one of those things at the moment, where i have to say... what the hello is it ??

can you make a photo showing the full device and then tell us what is the purpose of this wonderul little creation.

thank you.

Ian

Posted · pinwheel repair

It's one of those flower-shaped pinwheels that spins around in the wind. It looks like this one:

polyester_nylon_colored_flower_windmill_craft_toy.jpg