Ultimaker parts ordering costs are unacceptable

Posted · Ultimaker parts ordering costs are unacceptable

It's good to have a good transportation service with tracking etc, but for small component paying almost the price of the component (like in my case the teflon) just for shipping is too much. I would understand if it had to travel by plane but in my case i'm not so far away, and the package is extra small...

I will buy it buy it because i need to make my um2 work properly again and i have no other choice.

• Replies 62
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why local UM evenings would be pretty cool; You could have small market booth there that sells spare parts.

prices have dropped and I suppose they will continue to go down gradually as we are becoming a bigger customer for these couriers as time passes by.

And as UM grows your shipping department might some day get more sophisticated and ship things that cost less than 10 Euros through a cheaper shipping method.

Or Blizz and Didier can combine their orders into one and save on shipping?

It doesn't need a very large shipping department for that decision, just one person would be enough. But someone has to decide, and sometimes this is the biggest problem: nobody wants to decide and to take responsibility for the decision...

Well i solved my high shipment price in an odd way ^^ i order a spool of filament along with the teflon so at least 10€ of shipment looks less ridiculous :mrgreen:

Didier: But I already have all colors I want at this point ;)

Perhaps for the next Ulti-Evening we can start some kind of "poll" on what parts would be wanted and they could bring them. People should be required to bring exact cash to avoid difficulties in that department.

Dunno if that is a good idea? Like I said: I'd like at least a spare teflon coupler (preferably the new series ;) )

It doesn't need a very large shipping department for that decision, just one person would be enough. But someone has to decide, and sometimes this is the biggest problem: nobody wants to decide and to take responsibility for the decision...

Well, in my opinion we did make a decision, however it was not the one everyone likes..

Call it like you want, the shipping costs are not ok. There are many examples that there are better ways to go.

Colorfabb manages to ship to Germany from 7,95 (one spool) to 4,95 (three spools). From 4 spools (~€ 144.-) shipping is free. Shipping to Belgium (Hello Didier :) ) is 4,95

I think you chose the easiest way for you and the worst way for the customers - this is also a decision but not a good one for your customers.

It would be really great if you could reconsider your decision and find a better solution for the people that at least pay your wage: your lovely customers :)

I have recently ordered parts from both Ultimaker and a site on AliExpress (which is in China) on the same day 24 July, prices for a bowden tube:-

from Ultimaker €15,00 + VAT 21.0% + €6,53 + Shipping Order Total €37,62

from AliExpress (it only comes with one clamp and collet) € 8,58 with free delivery !

Well the bowden tube arrived from China today and is currently installed and printing VERY well, unfortunately the same thing from Ultimaker has yet to arrive So much for DHL.

I do know where it is (in Toulouse) thanks to the tracking of DHL- but it is not here !

To be totally fare, I started the process of ordering parts from Ultimaker on the same day as I ordered from AliExpress but Ultimaker takes so long to process an order it feels like its all done manually !

To complete my story, my order from Ultimaker arrived today, so one day longer than my order from the other side of the world, and four times the price !!!

I am so impressed with the performance of the bowden tube and also the replacement teflon print head spacer (also from the same site in China) - I have no plans to change them yet with the Ultimaker parts - my machine is performing better than ever

Stu_le_brew What did you search on AliExpress to find these parts, I need to order the Hot end Isolator coupler.

Or do you have a link to the supplier.

Thank you,

Just type "ultimaker" or "ultimaker 2" and scroll a bit. It's like a Christmas tree!

As Kolia sugested just search for Ultimaker and you will be suprised ! for just the isolator http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1959140480.html that's €13.06 for two and free delivery. But be aware that its the 'old' material just Teflon but at that price !