More information during print

cube

Posted · More information during print

IMHO it's not a good idea to weaken a safety routine.

I have to second this. Personally i wouldn't touch the default setting for your setup, it's there for a reason...

It's adjustable for users with alternative hotends and a different thermal mass (for example e3d).

Instead - ramp up the fan speed slowly (increase the value of "Fan full on at height" if you use Cura) and don't use the fans for the first layer.

Or... switch back to a fan shroud with a closed bottom, like the one from Labern - it works like a charm - even with a weak heater cartridge.

• Like 1

3dsolex has been on vacation and I think Carl is now sick. I think he said he was going to cancel all orders and make people order through the resellers but I'm not sure. Maybe just some orders? Sorry if your order gets cancelled and even sorrier if I'm wrong and you order 2 by accident.

here's the exact quote from 3dsolex:

I have not been able to ship for 10 days.

I have been refunding the oldest purchases so they buy again with new Paypal protection.

3dsolex has been on vacation and I think Carl is now sick.  I think he said he was going to cancel all orders and make people order through the resellers but I'm not sure.  Maybe just some orders?  Sorry if your order gets cancelled and even sorrier if I'm wrong and you order 2 by accident.

here's the exact quote from 3dsolex:

I have not been able to ship for 10 days.

I have been refunding the oldest purchases so they buy again with new Paypal protection.

Thanks. Well I've had no refund or contact from them at all. So I'm hoping the order will go through.

A reply to a customer is the least I would expect though :(

I asked him for €5000 of stock a few weeks ago and he's too sick to do that. Hopefully my order has higher priority than replies to customers since all the stuff is in his house but... I know what you mean. Hopefully he'll get better, enjoy Christmas and then stock will start moving again. Poor Carl has to deal with so many people now! Chinese manufacturers who keep screwing up parts, resellers bugging him for more parts and so on and new products (some really cool new stuff coming out such as extra hard nozzles).

I asked him for €5000 of stock a few weeks ago and he's too sick to do that.  Hopefully my order has higher priority than replies to customers since all the stuff is in his house but... I know what you mean.  Hopefully he'll get better, enjoy Christmas and then stock will start moving again.  Poor Carl has to deal with so many people now!  Chinese manufacturers who keep screwing up parts, resellers bugging him for more parts and so on and new products (some really cool new stuff coming out such as extra hard nozzles).

Yeah hopefully they get sorted soon.

But it is a bit worrying when you buy something online(not 5000 euro, but 150 euro is still a few euro) and 10 days later you still can't get a reply to an email.

... but I had unusual noises in my feeder and noticed fairly high tension on the connection from the output of the filament monitor to the feeder.

Hi Monty,

mmm, no, I have not noticed these "noises" ... perhaps the screw that adjusts the distance of the ball bearing was too tight and requires a greater effort from the feeder ?

Guglielmo

I did suspect the adjustment might be optimized for 1.75mm filament. So I'm currently running with the cap on the screw head not touching the "arm" and putting a small piece of filament between the arm and the block - seems to have eliminated the noises. I also printed a Robert version 2 feeder to replace the stock feeder.

Hallo @tinkergnome

Ich werde es nun hier weiterführen: Deutscher Thread "https://ultimaker.com/en/community/19045-error-tried-printing-out-of-printing-area"

Bin nun wieder an dem Punkt angekommen, das hier ein Abbruch kam :(5a33166278752_01)Faildunkel.thumb.JPG.a41de8d0d6807d27adb2b2bc31ebc201.JPG5a331662c4743_01)Failhell.thumb.JPG.e7b9d0cb391420c2937f6ceeedf713ac.JPG

So sollte es eigentlich aussehen:5a3316631a770_01)Minionsdunkel.thumb.JPG.18a42b97db8de7008ade10ba3985ff4e.JPG5a33166391d47_01)Minionshell.thumb.JPG.00ed1885b4add5c61c2929a63894a784.JPG

Diesen Minion habe ich 1x gedruckt, dann noch 1x und dann 2x "gleichzeitig gedruckt" (nicht "nacheinander"). Dann habe ich auf 10x erhöht und dann kam wieder der Abbruch (siehe Foto oben).

Hast du eine Lösung für dieses Problem?

Wie kann ich eine ältere Firmware aufspielen (um zu testen ob dieses Problem weiterhin besteht)? Ist ein "downgrade" überhaupt möglich??

Meine Bedenken kommen daher, dass ich eine veränderte Firmware von Bondtech nutze, evtl. hat er auch etwas verändert was nun dieses Problem verstärkt... Ich habe keine Ahnung...

Danke für dein Feedback

pixl2

5a33166278752_01)Faildunkel.thumb.JPG.a41de8d0d6807d27adb2b2bc31ebc201.JPG

5a331662c4743_01)Failhell.thumb.JPG.e7b9d0cb391420c2937f6ceeedf713ac.JPG

5a3316631a770_01)Minionsdunkel.thumb.JPG.18a42b97db8de7008ade10ba3985ff4e.JPG

5a33166391d47_01)Minionshell.thumb.JPG.00ed1885b4add5c61c2929a63894a784.JPG

In this topic - please English only. There are other forum sections for other languages.

Posted (edited) · More information during print

Hello everybody,

@Tinkergnome I have your firmware (version 16.1) which pleases me very much.

But 2 things where I can not explain it. What is my problem!

• Have out of curiosity the PID auto-tuning function attempts. After that I had temperature fluctuations of ±5 degrees. Had dan again tried to enter the default values. Whereupon the heating had but heated only up to -10 degrees?
      Have then a Factory Reset to perform, after that everything was as usual!
      Am I doing something wrong?
    • The 2nd thing that I have observed that the head has the XY Endstop to run over.
      Once occurred before the reset and the 2nd time in the same steps of the introduction Ultimaker?
      Since then, I do not have observed it.

Edited by Guest

Hi Tinkergnome,

back here to ask you a courtesy ...

... is it possible to add two parameters (maybe) in Advanced -> Preferences -> Motion Settings -> unload/load speed ...

... the two parameters should allow to set by the Menu the two values currently fixed by these two constants in the firmware (file ULTI_LCD2_MENU_MATERIAL_H):

#define FILAMENT_REVERSAL_SPEED...#define FILAMENT_INSERT_FAST_SPEED

The reason for this request is to make it easier to use third party extruders that, often, requires different values (e.g. BondTech QR Extruder) without the need to compile the firmware. :)

Thanks in advance for your great support,

Guglielmo

Edited by Guest

Hi Tinkergnome,

back here to ask you a courtesy ...

... is it possible to add two parameters (maybe) in Advanced -> Preferences -> Motion Settings -> unload/load speed ...

Hi @gpb01,

never fear, something like this is already planned. Unfortunately i'm quite busy atm, so please don't expect it too soon...

In addition: only the "fast speed" settings are not sufficient. There's also the acceleration, the rotation direction, the length of the bowden tube...

We also need support for the "+" models... - maybe more...?

I'm sure, we will see it some day, but i have no fixed date for you.

Hi Tinkergnome,

no problem, I can wait ... I am known for my patience :D:D:D

Anyway, thanks in advance!

Guglielmo

P.S.: for the moment ... I continue to replace the filament manually ... ;)

... just downloaded, from GitHub, Tinker_16.01 source code and delighted to discover that can be compiled, without additional libraries and hassle, with Arduino.cc IDE 1.6.7 :)

So ... modified UltiLCD2_menu_material.h to change the two values, compiled, installed on the UM2 with BondTech QR Extruder and ... everything works fine ;)

Guglielmo

• Like 1

So ... modified UltiLCD2_menu_material.h to change the two values, compiled, installed on the UM2 with BondTech QR Extruder and ... everything works fine ;)

I knew it - you're a maker at heart... 69_EmoticonsHDcom.png

I have some more features on the todo list - if you had some spare time...? :)

I have some more features on the todo list - if you had some spare time...?  :)

I have sent you a message ;)

Guglielmo

Can we please get separate settings for feeder 1 and feeder 2 steps/mm, and also the option to invert the rotation for the axis? :-) (for us with a printer that got two different feeders)

Sq3iCWc.jpg

• Like 3

And separate pid settings would be nice to combine um head and e3d.

• Like 1

Just been digging trough the firmware, and it seems that that would not be a easy implementation... Marlin does not seem to support different settings for different extruders :/

And separate pid settings would be nice to combine um head and e3d.

@ultiarjan

If i get you right... i assume that you're not up to date...

Separate PID coefficients and motor currents are there in version 15.12 or later.

Advanced -> Preferences -> Temperature control

Advanced -> Preferences -> Motion settings

(of course you have to use the dual variant)

• Like 1

:O please someone port your firmware to umo+

• Like 1

:O please someone port your firmware to umo+

Nice idea separeted Pid settings, because I use my dual setup on UMO+ with UMO heater and UMO+ heater. It is working but UMO heater jumps really high then cools down to the right temperature.

Edited by Guest

Just been digging trough the firmware, and it seems that that would not be a easy implementation... Marlin does not seem to support different settings for different extruders :/

You're right, Marlin handles only one active extruder at a time. But it is possible to add some lines of code to the toolchange command. Don't expect it for tomorrow, but i think we will have the second setting of steps/mm in one of the next releases.

As a workaround until then: you probably know that you can change the steps for each axis at any time with the M92 command. Add it to your start-gcode (or manually) and you're done.

BTW: separate the settings for the motor current was a bit more complicated, but that's another story...

Edited by Guest
    • Like 1

Can we please get separate settings for feeder 1 and feeder 2 steps/mm, and also the option to invert the rotation for the axis? :-) (for us with a printer that got two different feeders)

Sq3iCWc.jpg

I like that feeder of yours sir :)

• Like 1

@tinkergnome any progress on the "more info during usb printing"? :D

An "USB printing" screen with some (hopefully useful...) informations is implemented in V15.12

You can give it a try, if you like.

Has anybody tried this yet? If so, how do you like it? I also use Ocotoprint and the "USB Printing" screen is pretty boring...

Also, since I'm new to all this, can I load this firmware on a UM2+? I know it's basically a UM2 with little changes but I want to make sure before I do it.

Thanks!