More information during print

cube

Posted · More information during print

Also, since I'm new to all this, can I load this firmware on a UM2+? I know it's basically a UM2 with little changes but I want to make sure before I do it.

Thanks!

No, there is a different firmware for the plus models :

https://github.com/TinkerGnome/Marlin_UM2plus/releases

Thank you! I will give this a shot sometime this week.

Can we please get separate settings for feeder 1 and feeder 2 steps/mm, and also the option to invert the rotation for the axis? :-) (for us with a printer that got two different feeders)

Sq3iCWc.jpg

Hi just saw that you have two extruders. Do you use them at the same time?

Hello. I need some help with this matter.

I am using the tinkernogme firmawere 15.10. At the beginning everything has gone perfect. I love that firmware version. Since several days I am having several and continue troubles. Sometime occurs that when the printing going to start the temperature indicator on the screen go crazy up and down and the printing stopped and indicat bed sensor temp error. I have revise several times the sensor and its functioning. This error not always occurs, and when the printing has started do not occurs anymore (is only in the first layer at the begining)

Another problem I have is during the printing. I can not touch the roller and modified nothing. I have do it,them print stop for I few seconds like (freeze) and continue again but the print has been corrupted.

I note that mi printter has become more slow (the commands) moving through the menu.

I would like to reset all the configuration and erase all. I have made a factory reset but the configuration still been the same.

Someone could help me?? or could say me something about this??

thanks you very much in advance and forgive me my bad english

Hello. I need some help with this matter.

I am using the tinkernogme firmawere 15.10. At the beginning everything has gone perfect. I love that firmware version. Since several days I am having several and continue troubles. Sometime occurs that when the printing going to start the temperature indicator on the screen go crazy up and down and the printing stopped and indicat bed sensor temp error.  I have revise several times the sensor and its functioning. This error not always occurs, and when the printing has started do not occurs anymore (is only in the first layer at the begining)

Another problem I have is during the printing. I can not touch the roller and modified nothing. I have do it,them print stop for I few seconds like (freeze) and continue again but the print has been corrupted.

I note that mi printter has become more slow (the commands) moving through the menu.

I would like to reset all the configuration and erase all. I have made a factory reset but the configuration still been the same.

Someone could help me?? or could say me something about this??

thanks you very much in advance and forgive me my bad english

You can install the default Ultimaker firmware with Cura.

Connect your Ultimaker with an USB cable to your computer and choose "Machine" --> "install default firmware".

good luck

Posted (edited) · More information during print

Hi just saw that you have two extruders. Do you use them at the same time?

@postitman No, it is a experimental setup where i am trying out running 1,75mm with the 1,75mm Olsson block and 4/2mm bowden in the 2nd extruder. I unscrew the nozzle i am not using at the moment.

Edited by Guest

> bed sensor temp error

That's not a firmware problem. That's a hardware problem. I would take the bed apart and reflow the solder at the connector. But better would be to take the bed apart and turn the printer on and look at the bed temp. then push around in various places to see if the wires are maybe loose there at the heated bed or maybe one of the screws is loose (the temp sensor wires are the 2 thinner wires of the 4 wires going to the bed). It's common for the solder to break free after movement over many months of printing. If you can't get it to do the error, remove the panel under the printer and push on the cabling at that end. But it's much much more likely to be the terminal block on the heated bed: either the screws aren't tight enough or the solder cracked.

> bed sensor temp error

That's not a firmware problem.  That's a hardware problem.  I would take the bed apart and reflow the solder at the connector.  But better would be to take the bed apart and turn the printer on and look at the bed temp.  then push around in various places to see if the wires are maybe loose there at the heated bed or maybe one of the screws is loose (the temp sensor wires are the 2 thinner wires of the 4 wires going to the bed).  It's common for the solder to break free after movement over many months of printing.  If you can't get it to do the error, remove the panel under the printer and push on the cabling at that end.  But it's much much more likely to be the terminal block on the heated bed: either the screws aren't tight enough or the solder cracked.

Thanks you for your reply gr5. But I´m afraid is not a sensor bed problem. Anyway my big problem is that while I am printting, I can not touch the menu wheel or change nothing because the printer stuck (frezee). She only stop in the place where it was printing and a seconds later continue printing. The print them is lost. That is it my biggest problem. Someone know why?

Regards.

She only stop in the place where it was printing and a seconds later continue printing.

That doesn't sound like a problem. I've had cad models that had maybe 100 line segments within 1mm and the printer basically stopped for a second at that spot and then continued but it still printed just fine.

@Tinkergnome , just thought I'd mention, in the latest version of the firmware 16.03 for UM2, when I select "runtime stats", the machine just reboots instead of displaying the stats.

Thanks

@Tinkergnome , just thought I'd mention, in the latest version of the firmware 16.03 for UM2, when I select "runtime stats", the machine just reboots instead of displaying the stats.

Thanks

That's normal - your printer's lifetime has expired... :) (just kidding)

Seriously: is it reproducible? Has anyone else noticed the same behaviour?

• Like 2

FYI, still running 16.01, no problem here ...

• Like 1

No problem with the "runtime stats" menu here : UM2 + Tinker_16.03

• Like 1

Thanks

That's normal - your printer's lifetime has expired... :)(just kidding)

Tried reloading the firmware, still having the same issue... didn't have the issue with 16.01

Tried reloading the firmware, still having the same issue... didn't have the issue with 16.01

42_EmoticonsHDcom.png

...in this case there's a chance that it depends on the displayed values...

If it works with V16.01 - can you share a picture of the screen? I've no other idea a.t.m.

If you do "reset to factory configuration" it will zero all those values and should stop crashing. But of course you will lose those values :(

42_EmoticonsHDcom.png

...in this case there's a chance that it depends on the displayed values...

If it works with V16.01 - can you share a picture of the screen? I've no other idea a.t.m.

Here's a pic of my stats (was taken while on 16.01)

IMG_3706.thumb.JPG.bb82902d1eace503fbd887066681c105.JPG

IMG_3706.thumb.JPG.bb82902d1eace503fbd887066681c105.JPG

• Like 1

If you do "reset to factory configuration" it will zero all those values and should stop crashing.  But of course you will lose those values :(

For me remain the "runtime stats" despite factory reset receive!

Posted (edited) · More information during print

Thanks

I just upgraded my 2 year old UM2 with the upgrade kit, and used 16.03+, the runtime stats do indead reboot the machine... lights out... and back to main menu.

What I also think is different from other versions I used;

- after installing 16.03+ the machine starts with "first run"

- after bed leveling (tried 2 times) the machine asks for which material to use, not perse bad, but I don't like that it's like in first run, complete with the "lets make your first print".

Edited by Guest

I just upgraded my 2 year old UM2 with the upgrade kit, and used 16.03+, the runtime stats do indead reboot the machine... lights out... and back to main menu.

...and in addtion: the pause / change material function is broken...

I'll try to fix it soon, but spare time is very rare a.t.m.

What I also think is different from other versions I used;

- after installing 16.03+ the machine starts with "first run"

- after bed leveling (tried 2 times) the machine asks for which material to use, not perse bad, but I don't like that it's like in first run, complete with the "lets make your first print".

Yep. The upgrade to the "+" firmware performs an implicit factory reset. That's the intended behaviour of the standard firmware and i have not changed it.

• Like 1

@tinkergnome

Just downgraded to the Ultimaker2+ firmware (cura 15.04.05) and it did not do a factory reset.

Something more serious, I think there's an issue with the fan speed in 16.03+ seems my fans never go on full power... also when set to 100% manually they only seem to be on 50% orso... I downgraded and now the fans seem to be cooling much harder again...

hi guys pls help me with this problem i cant find ways how to adjust the default time for the tunnell filament monitor im using tinkergnome 16.01 firmware, ultimaker 2+ extended. the tunnell monitor is always pausing.

Hello @tinkergnome,

I have your firmware "Tinker-Marlin Ultimaker 2 plus 16.03.1" updated (Have the Ultimaker EXTRUSION UPGRADE KIT).

Can this be the material exchange speed in your firmware is faster than in the standard Ultimaker 2+ firmware ??

Can this be the material exchange speed in your firmware is faster than in the standard Ultimaker 2+ firmware ??

The speed for the material change wizard depends on the steps/mm of the extruder axis (it's the same for reverse and forward).

The used math is simple: 26500 / axis_steps_per_unit[E_AXIS]

It's approx. 94 mm/s for an UM2, 72 mm/s for UM2+ and 54 mm/s for the Bondtech extruder.

The standard UM2.1 firmware (for the "plus" models) uses a fix value of 80 mm/s. So actually the speeds of the tinker fork are a bit slower.