Simplify3D

conz

Posted (edited) · Simplify3D

The GCode you sent me didn't show T1 heating up either. Not sure why but with ungrouping all the processes showed the temperature refference. I added a line in the tool change script for oben and got this

T1 is created by Simplify3D, I could also be deleted. Right now I have only one nozzle.

G1 X115.499 Y116.359 F1529

G92 E0

G1 E-4.5000 F1800

G1 X114.699 Y116.359 F3000

G1 Z5.650 F3600

; layer 107, Z = 5.55

M104 S215 T1

;gerdo

G91

G1 Z10. F3000.

G1 E-2 F1500

G1 X50. Y50. F6000.

G90

M0

T1

; tool H0.150 W0.400

; inner perimeter

G1 X115.000 Y109.350 F6000

G1 Z5.550 F3600

G92 E0

G1 X114.510 Y109.341 E0.0046 F1720

G1 X113.515 Y109.268 E0.0140

G1 X112.534 Y109.124 E0.0233

In your code, however, we now have E-6.5 no Unretract if I would continue the pressure now I lack 6.5mm material. Highlighted in bold.

The retract writes yes Simplify3D purely that's not the problem, only the lacking unretract (remove), so it has to look right! (Manually changed)

G1 X101.355 Y123.383 F1420

G92 E0

G1 E-4.5000 F1800                           retract

G1 X101.126 Y122.617 F3000

G1 Z5.700 F3600

; layer 73, Z = 5.5995

G91

G1 Z10. F3000.

G1 X50. Y50. F6000.

G90

M0

T1

; tool H0.200 W0.400

; inner perimeter

G1 X157.180 Y82.026 F6000

G1 Z5.600 F3600

G1 E0 F1800                                        unretract

G92 E0

G1 X156.628 Y81.194 E0.0130 F1893

G1 X156.138 Y80.323 E0.0261

just thought to add.

I think I can see why you would do the 4 processes. I'm guessing you want to print the bases individually followed by the tops individually.

If you have the top part as a separate part and have them place as a complete pawn you can use the dual extruder wizard.

I print only the two bottom halves, then M0 pause, then I insert the magnets, and continue printing. For that I have 4 processes needed.

Thank you for your help.

Gerd

Edited by Guest
false marks

• Replies 252
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Simplify3D

hiya,

the unretract is me being a plonker. I am used to putting neg values for the extra retract distance on the extruder tab that I did it on the GCode tab. If you just delete the - on the GCode tab

If you are only printing with one nozzle. Then there shouldn't be any refference to T1.

That's why I keep thinking you are dual extruding. all tools should be T0

• 1 month later...
    Posted · Simplify3D

On a 5 spoke wheel on the first layer, is there a way of making the retracts activate for some reason on my first layer where it is supposed to retract it leaves a path of pla which is on the outline of a spoke, so when the first layer gets filled the nozzle goes strait though the line of pla and messes it up??? after the first layer retracts are working

• 4 weeks later...

@bob-hepple are you sure your first-ayer extrusion % isn't too high? Maybe it's just too much for your bed level, making too much filament on the first layer that can't scape from the nozzle physically scratching them. Try to play with wipe+retract option on advanced also, or even better, activate 'Avoid crossing outline for travel movements' so after making a infill the head will try to move trough the perimeters avoiding the interior (note that this movements will be done at the travel speed).

Also if isn't working on the first layer, it might be because the 'minimum travel for retraction' it's too high. You can play with that setting and check where the retractions are done on the gcode viewer. It's good to check the viewer and then look at the printer doing the print, on time you start to know perfectly what's causing what.

neotko

thanks for the reply, on the first layer there is a point when it does not retract and lays quite a full lead of pla from one area to another, it only happened on first layer, if I could have found that line in the code i would have checked if there was a retract. Not sure what is happening really,, at the end of my print's in my script I tell it to retract and lift the head. when I check the code there is no retract...

I also watch the print and check what the viewer is doing as well.. I think it may be time to go back to basics I seem to have lost the wipe feature.

Remember that if you activate retract-while wipe, it will disregard the wipe distance and adjust it by the speed of the retracts

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/7450-simplify3d?page=9#reply-145190

Many options on s3d work one with the other.

neotko

yes I remember you had done some tests will try and copy your settings.....

neotko

yes I remember you had done some tests will try and copy your settings.....

I have change much of my original settings. Specially coast at end, I only use it for really gooey mats, I depend highly on heavy retracts lately. If you post your profile I can try to take a look.

neotko

I will pm it you tomorrow id appreciate that.

For information, I'm selling my Simplify3D for 130€...

I will replace my name and my email by yours into the account dashboard of Simplify3D, then reset the password for you. After that, the licence will be totally your ! Exactly the same if you bought it directly with Simplify3D.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Edited by Guest

This is a dirty port of the new Cura feature that allows to change acceleration depending of what you print. It should work on other Ultimaker models (and probably any printer with accel/yerk control), but is untested. Worse case scenario it can cause Stuttering on the board, but I don't think it should be a big issue. Original idea from Cura, kudos to @Nallath <3and his team for thinking about this to improve the print quality

acel-trick.thumb.jpg.36393fa5c80b359c5639681bc36b76ec.jpg

{REPLACE "\n; skirt\n" "\n;skirt\n\nM204 S3000.00\n\nM205 X20.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; raft\n" "\n;raft\n\nM204 S2000.00\n\nM205 X10.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; outer perimeter\n" "\n;outer perimeter\n\nM204 S500.00\n\nM205 X5.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; inner perimeter\n" "\n;inner perimeter\n\nM204 S2000.00\n\nM205 X15.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; gap fill\n" "\n;gap fill\n\nM204 S1000.00\n\nM205 X10.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; solid layer\n" "\n;solid layer\n\nM204 S500.00\n\nM205 X5.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; infill\n" "\n;infill\n\nM204 S3000.00\n\nM205 X20.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; bridge\n" "\n;bridge\n\nM204 S1500.00\n\nM205 X10.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; support\n" "\n;support\n\nM204 S1000.00\n\nM205 X10.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; dense support\n" "\n;dense support\n\nM204 S500.00\n\nM205 X5.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; layer end\n" "\n;layer end\n\nM204 S3000.00\n\nM205 X20.00\n"}

Have fun printing!

Edited by Guest

This is a dirty port of the new Cura feature that allows to change acceleration depending of what you print. It should work on other Ultimaker models (and probably any printer with accel/yerk control), but is untested. Worse case scenario it can cause Stuttering on the board, but I don't think it should be a big issue. Original idea from Cura, kudos to @Nallath <3and his team for thinking about this to improve the print quality

{REPLACE "\n; skirt\n" "\n;skirt\n\nM204 S3000.00\n\nM205 X20.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; raft\n" "\n;raft\n\nM204 S2000.00\n\nM205 X10.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; outer perimeter\n" "\n;outer perimeter\n\nM204 S500.00\n\nM205 X5.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; inner perimeter\n" "\n;inner perimeter\n\nM204 S2000.00\n\nM205 X15.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; gap fill\n" "\n;gap fill\n\nM204 S1000.00\n\nM205 X10.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; solid layer\n" "\n;solid layer\n\nM204 S500.00\n\nM205 X5.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; infill\n" "\n;infill\n\nM204 S3000.00\n\nM205 X20.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; bridge\n" "\n;bridge\n\nM204 S1500.00\n\nM205 X10.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; support\n" "\n;support\n\nM204 S1000.00\n\nM205 X10.00\n"}{REPLACE "\n; dense support\n" "\n;dense support\n\nM204 S500.00\n\nM205 X5.00

Have fun printing!

what exactly does this do?

It changes the acceleration and yerk of the printer depending of what are you printing. This way you can get cleaner perimeters with less ringing and overall it should improve the quality of the profile. Ofc using lower acceleration makes the print slower but since the big changes occur mostly on the 'visible' areas, it should be a 10% speed decrease or something alike (untested). Is the same trick (but not as easy to readjust) that Cura uses on 2.3.0 when you activate acceleration control.

Edited by Guest

Have found a nasty bug on S3D 3.1.0.

If the program crashes when you are importing an STL model it is very likely the original STL file will be damaged.

In my PC S3D crashes after disabling the network card.

Edited by Guest

Have fun printing!

I guess you need one more

\n"}

at the end?

• Like 1

Have fun printing!

I guess you need one more

\n"}

at the end?

True bad copy paste. Fixed

Edited by Guest

Neotko

sorry this might be off topic But I was just about to ask a question on S3d and that is does the second extruder switch off after it has done its job,,, I was about to manually edit the Gcode and switch it off.. but thought I would ask the question first..

S3D doesn't have atm the heat/cold automagic that Cura does on um3. But you can make a simple script to heat/cold to a specific temp.

Check the script @tinkergnome and I did for the um3/s3d toolchange script. You can reuse some of that to heat/cold/wait sequence on other printers.

https://ultimaker.com/en/community/23257-simplify3d-profile-for-ultimaker-3-basic-pla-pla-work-in-progress

Neotko

thanks for the reply was going to add

M104 S0 T1 ; right extruder off

at the appropriate place in the gcode.. will look a the thread..

looked at the thread MM well above me, and as I'm not using a Um3 will switch off the extruder when finished with (and till s3d get up to speed..

Thanks....

Thanks

Sure that can work, easiest is to set sexond extruder set temp to 0 on the tab where you select the temperature. Also using that line you wrote works to turn it off. Also on that tab you can select a specific temperature for a layer number, so you can turn telhe unused extruder to an specific layer.

The toolchange script that we used for the beta profile of um3 isn't um3 specific, since is just gcode. If you need to do something more advanced like cooling a bit each extruder (or to an specific point) you might want to see that profile to get an idea of how can be done (there are more ways but that should work).

The start gcode that's is specific for um3, the toolchange should work with any dual like your bcn. But ofc to fully turn off an extruder you could make a second process with only the extruder that will be used and use that line you wrote on the change layer script (for example).

Thanks

I edit the gcode but you have given me other options hear to think about either way that second extruder needs the temp off/or set to 0 just leaving it is going to cause a lot of problems ...(when it finished with....)

thanks

B

Why don't you set the temp under temperature for that extruder to be 0 at the the start of the layer after that extruder is no longer used?

I did that is how I have controlled the temp. when the head is not being used,, the priming tower is a different matter..