wohali

5 extruders?

Posted · 5 extruders?

Hello Daid,

First off I want to thank you for your hard work on Cura. I am stunned at both the ease of use and the speed/quality of the output as compared with my former combo (Slic3r + Pronterface). I am still occasionally exporting G-Code and printing with Pronterface to have more manual control during the print, but this is starting to go away.

One small feature request: the RoVa3D (aka ORD MH3000) on which I am printing has 5 print heads. Would it be possible to increase the max # of extruders you support to 5? Another request would be to support more per-extruder parameters, e.g. setting different retract parameters, flow%, and nominating specific nozzles for support material selection. That said, I'm still not yet printing regularly with more than 4, so I am probably going to use Cura for a while to come.

Thank you again for all your hard work!

-Joan

Posted · 5 extruders?

Heya Daid,

Thanks for this script. But I'm clueless as to how to load this on to Cura.

Kindly help as this is the first time I'm using Cura and the MH3000.

Thanks

Peace

CreativeWolf

Posted · 5 extruders?

Actually, that's code of the GUI rewrite I'm working on, which supports a lot more extruders. The current code is limited to 4.

Posted · 5 extruders?

Hello Daid and CreativeWolf,

I also have the same printer as CreativeWolf, the RoVa3D with 5 nozzels. I have been trying to optimize the printer and a couple days ago I resigned to Cura instead of Slic3r + pronterface. In the newest version of Cura, 15.04.4, I can select that my printer has 5 nozzels, but as soon as I try to do that Cura feezes. The max amount of nozzels I can get to work are 4 and that works without a problem.

Do you know if there is a way to get all the 5 nozzels to work?

Kind regards,

Roman van der Rijt

Key23D

Posted · 5 extruders?

Good Day,

Has this project been completed? I see that this tread happened may years ago. I recently download Cura and used it with an Ultimaker 3 Extended at my university. The version I have only allows control of two extruders. Maybe there is a more feature reach version. I am in the process of building a printer with a 4 material extruder that has separate hotends for each material. In the version I have of Cura Isee that you all have the Folger Tech FT-5 under your list of other printers. Will the Folger Tech FT-6 be added to "Other" printers?

Best,

Randell