3D PrintShow London 2014

deepshots

Posted · 3D PrintShow London 2014

We will (my wife and I). I still think time wise it would be nice if for example Sander gave an indication, would love as many people as possible to join :)

• Replies 56
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan on being there too. After the show is over I need to check-in my Hotel and was planning on some Indian food so I estimate I could be there somewhere between 19:30 and 20:00.

Plan on being there too. After the show is over I need to check-in my Hotel and was planning on some Indian food so I estimate I could be there somewhere between 19:30 and 20:00.

That timeframe is ok for me.

As a side note: how are we going to recognise each other? I'm a lot prettier irl than on my picture, might be confusing :p

Lets wear an Ulti-bot visibly somehow, like a necklace or whatever.

Probably it will only take a few moments until we form a group and then it is easier to recognize the group.

I will also try to join on Saturday around 8!

If something changes, lets keep this thread as the 'latest news section'.

Lol now I wish I had gold filament to make one of those oversized necklaces but then hanging a big UM robot from it instead of a clock ;)

Good for me!

use bronze fill ..... you'll be polishing the rest off the week ;)

I just remembered we also have to tear down the stand on Saturday so I don't know if we can make 8, but we will sure try!

You can always join later, you (and other ultimaker crew) will be just as welcome :-)

So we're there, anyone else already arrived? :)

Good show all in all.

I was bit unimpressed about the mancunians on the UM stand. They didn't really seem to know what they were talking about... And nobody with any knowledge were present.

Do yourself a favor Ultimaker and make sure next time you hire people who know something about the field they are supposedly there to represent and not just any "northern" gobshite.

On a positive note... So many UM2s on the other non related stands also. Makerbots not that visible generally :-)

I talked to a guy who after visiting um thought you were restricted to um fillament because of the 2.85 mm...... not a good job... overall there were too little um employees on the stand, and too little of an active approuch of visiters if you ask me....

Did like the show al lot though... had a nice visit... wil post some pics later when back home again....

Have to say that I was not too impressed with the UM stand - I was on the 3dhubs stand as one of their hubs, and if anyone came past our stand we were all over them like a rash - when I went on the UM stand and stood looking at the UM2 for a while I was left alone while they chatted on the stand - and ended up not talking to anyone :(

But was very impressed at some of the other stands that had UMs - they seemed to be everywhere!

it might be worth, in future, having UM users on the stand (I did the 3dhubs for a morning for a free show pass :)) as we really really know the products.

James

Hi Guys,

In the end I didn't make it to the meet up in the bar, tearing down the stand took a long time and I ended up having to leave for my flight back in the middle of the night. The event took all my energy.

About the event, thank you for the feedback!

Usually I am always on the stand but this year I had several meeting outside of the stand, spoke to several other exhibitors and joined some interesting meetings.

In the few times I passed the booth I did not always see a lot of Ultimaker crew but when I spoke to our partners they said it was covered. I will make sure to pass this on as feedback, but it also caught my attention.

About the overall knowledge, one of our trusty community members from the UK unexpectedly couldn't make it (unfortunately!), and the guy with most knowledge was their on Thursday and partially friday. So not all the time.

After a short debrief on saturday I also told them to invest in the technical knowledge.

They do understand the vision but the technical aspect is sometimes a bit neglected, I agree.

I know some of you UK users are very active and knowledgable. For future references, would you care to join the Ultimaker crew at other events in the UK? You can send me a DM if you are interested! :)

Lets wear an Ulti-bot visibly somehow, like a necklace or whatever.

Probably it will only take a few moments until we form a group and then it is easier to recognize the group.

I will also try to join on Saturday around 8!

If something changes, lets keep this thread as the 'latest news section'.

could ultimaker start selling a simple fan tshirt on the online shop ?

if ultimaker guys want to meet... why not help them and help branding... :-)

Ian :-)

Unfortunately have to agree with the opinions about the stand.

Also, for some reason I didn't really get the "we are a printer fabricator vibe" from it either, it just looked like the others.

A bunch of UM2s and a lot of plastic. I personally don't have any suggestions on how to improve it, just wanted to share my thoughts. What was/is really cool is that your printers were used literally everywhere :)

I also took a whole bunch of pictures and will post them at some point. Except from the makerbot stand. For some reason my camera refused to work around there ;)

And one more thing i was missing was promotion for Youmagine..... did not see any reference to it anywhere... except for on slide in richreps presentation..

Question for the people who attended: What's the thing that impressed you most? Any really cool new materials, technologies etc.?

I loved seeing that new 3d printer with paper as a source material. It's obviously way too expensive to buy (£34.000 iirc) but after seeing their promo video online I really wanted to see it in action and handle one of their prints. Which I did, and it was deemed awesome :)

Also.. these Mancunians said they are Ultimaker UK. Is this right? Why the he** is Ultimaker UK in Manchester? :) It really should be in London... so that normal people would understand what these guys are trying to grunt :D

Their head office is near Manchester, but I don't really understand why that should matter.

When we met we felt they understood the vision and were eager and enthusiastic guys just like us who

understand the urgency of a personal relationship with our users.

Ultimaker HQ is also not near the capital city of the Netherlands.

There are resellers in London so the Ultimaker is accessible in this region.

Blizz, what do you mean by 'we are a printer fabricator vibe'?

I was impressed about the Colourfabb XT polyester stuff... Got some samples with me. According the guys on the stand it is as tough as ABS but without any shrinkage and on top of all that it does not smell and is food safe. Nice! I will try my sample filaments asap.