A visual Ultimaker troubleshooting guide

IRobertI

Posted · A visual Ultimaker troubleshooting guide

So for a while now I've been working for the Nordic distributors for Ultimaker, and one of their resellers 3DVerkstan.se. As a part of my job there I've been writing a guide to help our customers troubleshoot problems they might have with their printers. And because we're nice guys we're making the guide open for everyone ;)

The guide isn't finished, and it probably never will be, as I'll be adding to it, editing, clarifying things and so on as time goes on.

Now I know people will ask if they can add and edit this document themselves and unfortunately the answer to that is no. It's simply a limitation of the system we're using right now. However, I will gladly add or edit anything, just contact me.

We will allow you to take excerpts from the guide to use yourself for non commercial purposes but we ask that you link back to us if you do so. Quite a bit of time has been put into this and generating some traffic to us would be a nice pay back.

Right, enough talking, here's the guide. I hope you enjoy it and find it useful:

http://support.3dverkstan.se/article/23-a-visual-ultimaker-troubleshooting-guide <<-- THE GUIDE

gr5 edit: Added red text (hope you don't mind Robert)

• Like 2

Nice job Robert thanks :)

Is it ok if i create a topic in the french section with this?

Just checked the atomic method description ... it says to heat up to 260°c isn't that way too hot and not recommended??

Sure Didier, go ahead and do that but I figured since the guide is in English those who only visit the French section would have much use for it.

Regarding the Atomic description. That was created before I joined the team but the thinking behind it is to make sure that all the material is melted regardless of type. Say you have printed with ABS and a bit of residue is left in the hotend, or if some material from the feeder has made it in there and so on. And since you only heat it up and then immediately let it cool down again I don't think it should be a problem. It's not like you're letting it sit there to cook for 10 minutes.

Wow! (There is not much more to say... ;) )

Just one more thing about the copyright: You might want to state whether the usage may be commercial or not.

Thats a pretty impressive guide! Nice job.

Bookmarked!! :)

Nice, would have loved it a few months ago. :)

I definitely recommend it for people starting.

Should be pinned :)

And maybe pin the one i started in the french forum so it stays up

+100 for the pinning :)

Robert - wow, what a valuable resource.

+1 for pinning it.

A great resource, thank you!

Bookmarked, will give me something real useful to read now my TV receiver is broken :-)

Many thanks for the hard work and sharing.

:arrow: And pinning is IMHO mandatory.

Great! Thanks a lot for sharing. +1 for pinning. Should have read that earlier. Let´s see if I learn sth. new.

I will see if we can also add it to our support-page on the ultimaker website.

The guide looks great Robert!!

Can you belief it, just as I was reading the part about protruding axis in Roberts excellent guide one of my rods decide to give me a visual demonstration of it and protruding out so far the other side popped out its hole and crippled my Y-axis :sad:

Having just read the part I recognize that I had all the tell tail knocking sound. Today it was to hot after work to fix it but hopefully I find the time tomorrow to put things straight en torque the hell out of things, as I read in an other thread here.

@Dirkels: Don't read the other parts in this case if you want to print without issues... :D

Nice job Robert! not just a pretty face afterall :p

Thank you very much everything in one perfect

Thanks a lot for this. Perfect guide. Should definantly make it part of the standard ultimaker manual.

Thanks Again

Russ

Ahh, I like it!

Now, how it can be made visible and accessible from the UM site?

Great job Robert, thanks for putting the work into this, will definitely be a big help for everyone

Excellent guide, by far the most useful thing I have come across yet in these forums. Every UM owner should have this link.

TOP !