Rotating workspace?

Blizz

Posted · Rotating workspace?

Robert, I sure no one ever does, but I literally get this multiple times a week and "a lot of small ones make a big one" as we say in Belgium :)

Anyhow, you're completely right.

Unfortunately I still can't rotate my workspace :p

Yes indeed. And after a cura restart, I can use the up and down arrow to rotate all of a sudden as well. Guess it's indeed a stuck modifier key if it doesn't work.

There is definitely some weird shit going on with those support libraries I must say :)

This morning I could trackpad rotate in all directions suddenly (without modifier keys), but as soon as I selected the model and deselected it, it stopped working. Even after a cura-restart it didn't start working again.

Just my $0.02

The first year of Cura development was done for 70% on Linux, 30% on Windows. I only had minor bugs between those two OSes.

I do not want to start a Mac vs Windows fight. And I rather not list all the strange problems I've encountered on the Mac version so far.

(I still think the strangest is the random crashes when you had 2 different versions on your computer side-by-side. With the only fix, removing them both, and install only 1. I might have fixed that right now, as I haven't seen reports about this lately. But could be that the Mac users are no longer installing side-by-side versions)

Anyhow, in part of my "todo" list on the Pink Unicorn development is totally redoing the Mac build from scratch. Updating all libraries to latest versions. This means dropping MacOS 10.6 support. But I hope this fixes some of these strange problems that I'm having.

As long as the arrows work (and for now my up and down work as well *fingers crossed*) I can manage.

But if I can be of assistance in any way, please don't hesitate to let me know. I'm not scared of technical stuff, so if you need things tested or wrecked, I'm your man.

Thanks Daid!

In the meantime, I'll just run Cura on my Windows bootcamp...can't believe I hadn't thought of that.

Any chance off getting my space pilot to work in cura ?

Don't hold your breath: http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4044-feature-request-3d-mouse-support/

I wouldn't mind having support for it either. Unlike my comment in the linked thread, I'm starting to like it. I gave it another try a while back and the new drivers that were available made a big difference in how I liked it.

edit: That sounded dickish. I fully understand that it's not a priority considering how small the "market" for it is.

ahh thanks for the link, looking at daid's responce there's not much change ... anyhow as you say very low priority.

made a mistake, have the nivigator not the pilot .. love it in DSM/Spaceclaim but did drastically reduce the speed of the mouse.

Update: rotating in Cura with an external mouse is now working on my Macbook.

I guess I needed a restart. It also now works with my keyboard.

i'm a mac user and also having this problem, kinda solved it using the arrows on my keyboard. Hope this helps

I'm late to the party, but I have a clear answer that I did not see in the thread yet.

On my MacBook Pro:

Holding Shift + moving finger on the trackpad will "pan" up or down (i.e. adjust the Z of the view).

Holding Control + moving finger on the trackpad will "swivel" around / tilt the view of the model.

Forgive me if my scan overlooked the answer if it's already posted.

I should also add, that for some reason... this action:

Holding Shift + moving finger on the trackpad will "pan" up or down (i.e. adjust the Z of the view).

...Only works if I am clicking somewhere below / off of the model. If I'm over the model with my mouse when I try it, it does not work.