Let’s design a multirotor together.

SandervG

Posted · Let’s design a multirotor together.

http://www.quadh2o.com/store/quadh2o-kits/quadh2o-single-color-kit-yello/#prettyphoto/1/

So looks liek the only thing you need to keep cool are the ESCs and the motors - motors are no problem :) and looks like the ESCs are done on this on by gluing and then sealing on these heatsinks.

If the EXCs are kept on the arms, waterproofed and with heatsinks then the body can be way smaller than the one shown and there are lots of ways of creating watertight enclosures - or a frames that could accommodate a water tight enclosure around a modular design :)

I must find the video of the guy with the tupperware quad who shows how simple it is!

James

• Replies 208
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, My little one (250 size) cost app. 150€ inkl. 13€ motors, a cheap arduino pro mini and a gy85 board with magnetometer, gyros and accelerometers on it. The ESC also just a few dollars at HK...

The most expensive part up to now is the bluetooth 4.0 module necessary to use a multiwii app on iphones... :-(

Maybe this help a bit for the cost discussion.. :-)

Btw. Frame is 100% printed :-)

So many options!

I like the survey, but you can take the VTOL option out, that was just an offtopic cool thing I posted ;) Not sure if the idea is open source etc.

Also, the Conference only allows registered people in they told me today :(

@titus: Thanks for your comments!

So many options!

Yes indeed! I tried to make sure that any suggestion made over the past few days would be captured. I guess that it reinforces the need for some clarity with regard to what we are trying to achieve...

...but you can take the VTOL option out

Done.

That looks cool - I think that one other feature would be important to know - the payload.

So for instance linked to my waterproofing I would like a gopro - but I want it in its case! I think you then need to add a gimbol too - If I can't work out how to stream from that then I would also want a FPV camera

So this option might help people better skilled than me work out what the thrust would need to be.

I don't think I would ever want to have a flight time without that kit on board!

not sure how to add that - but for me flight time is completely dependent on holding up that payload.

It might also be worth adding in some free cells so people can put in their favourite resources - web addresses that point us to things like the car hybrid etc

BUT - go with this and possibly publish it widely to draw more people in and widen the project.

Thanks for doing this!

James

I like the survey! ;)

I would add the flight time option to the priorities list, because flight time is very closely related to the construction of the model and quality of the electronics / motors / batteries (meaning price 3).

Otherwise it's easy to wish for something which is extremely difficult or even impossible to do (20 mins flight time with FPV, GPS and cheap components is nothing more than wishful thinking..).

I like the survey, too.

Could you add the prefered controll to the survey? (Classic RC, Smartphone/tablet with an app, selfmade (eg. based on Arduino) or some way to use a game controller)

@all: Thanks for the feedback!

@JonnyBischof and @Conz: Done.

Unless I receive further feedback between now and 5pm ECT, I propose to publish the survey tonight.

Latest version: http://www.surveymonkey.com/create/survey/preview?r=true&sm=TUvpObI2qOaOtJdMvq10CP8JLmgc0eSYMSZoiNZB_2BMqhd9_2BCboAi4PHAuUqer2E5

Latest Lisa/S and Paparazzi presentations from the IMAV 2014 in Delft.

Bart Remes about the Lisa/S (Start at 1m:15s):

Gautier Hattenberger about Paparazzi (Start at 1m):

OT: Would it be possible to enable the time parameter in YouTube? (the "&t=1m15s"). Tried it with different videos, but didn't work embedded in the forum. :(

The survey is officially open: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RS37QX7

It would be good to have as many people as possible participate and spread the word!

Survey Done :)

Done :)

done :)

Done

Done.

Done.

Thanks for the "I'm single" option ;)

@JonnyBischof: enjoy it while you can - it won't last forever :D

Phil (married, father of four and not as wealthy as he once was)

As seems to be the new hype:

done

Done.

By way of a quick update, 16 people have already done the survey (which is pretty good).

Anyone still wishing to complete the survey can find it here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RS37QX7

Nobody else has participated in the survey in the past 24 hours. I'll keep the survey open a while longer, but I thought that we could already share the results.

The good news is that there are a few no-brainers:

• Everybody wants to be able to control the quadcopter with a classic RC
    • Everybody wants to use it outdoor
    • Most people want it to be easy to fly

The other results are less clear cut. Looks like we are in for some more discussions :grin:. I've enclosed a link to the results below so that everybody can all have a look:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-3Q92FBP8/

no technical knowledge from my side, this looks nice: