Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
almi

Extrusion changes during printing

Hi community,

I am facing problems using the blue translucent PLA bought from the Ultimaker Shop.

Thankfully with this material you can see any extrusion problems very good because when

a problem occurs, the color changes from blue to a sort of white transparent, as you can see

on the picture, my part has this on the top section (picture left side), but also on the bottom (where the part was lying on the platform, picture right side).

It stopped extrusion after it changed the color.

5a330caa05421_3DPrintingClasses-NYC.thumb.jpeg.1495921ee85fb93f066348ded94e8bc4.jpeg

I was using netfabb High Quality profile to slice, and changed the material profile "PLA - High" to a temperature range of 230-238.

Printing was done with RepG 035.

What could I do to improve that?

Increasing temperature to 245? Driving even with lower speed than the High Quality profile netfabb defines?

Thanks for any tips and inspiration.

almi

I have the exact material too and have the same issues in different builds. The lite area's are do to colder extrusions, and the speed. I had to increase to 240c and bring my speed way down to 40-70 mm to get a consistent color. When I tried going faster I got real spotty layers. I've noticed that pigments and or none at all, effect the chemistry of the material quite a bit thus resulting in different temps and speeds. Right now I'm trying to figure out abs..