Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
ea407

United States Orders - Suggestions

I ordered my UM2 last week and its delivery estimate is early this coming week. I'm very happy to see it moved through rather quickly.

I did however receive the call from FedEx requesting an importer document be filled out ( CBP 5106 ). More ridiculous homeland security crap IMHO. In addition to this documentation he requested that an actual dollar amount value be given to the cable.

I'm not really bothered or making a gripe, but more of a suggestion. When ordering or invoicing is there any way this cable can simply be included inside the UM2 box or not be specifically called out as a detailed item with $0.00 of value ? Or at the very least reduce the UM2 printer cost the value of the cable and apply an actual value to the cable on paper to have to avoid explaining to some person over the phone that your new printer can't be used without a cable to supply power. I'd rather pay the fees on the $1.00 US for the cable than have to have such a trivial conversation.

For any US buyers here is the file you'll be asked to fill out.

http://forms.cbp.gov/pdf/CBP_Form_5106.pdf

You're about at least the third or fourth US customer writing here in the forum that the cable should have a non-zero value (don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining that you write something which someone else already has written!).

No, I'm actually surprised how lern-resistant Ultimaker is with this issue... this should be a few clicks in a software and the cable has this one dollar value... should'nt be so difficult. But it would avoid some unnecessary complications for customers...