Makerfaire NYC 2014!!

gr5

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Makerfaire NYC 2014!!

Okay - so I guess one of the announcements just came out today. See the main UM website. More announcements should be coming Thursday.

And it's probably not wrong to expect that those announcements will be more technical... :cool:

Apparently not:

I don't think there will be a live feed Ian..

hmm... okay. Thx for your fast answer Blizz ;)

Everything important will likely appear on the UM website *before* the event starts at 6pm (USA East Coast) Thursday night (11pm United Kingdon) but you can follow my twitter. I expect I will grow from currently 6 followers to maybe 7 followers just for this event only! :) Maybe 8! woot!

I promise to post some pictures before (5pm? 5:45pm) and during the event and if there is info on the UM website I will link to it and if not I will post the key points of the presentation (but I just heard an early explanation of all the announcements and there are lots of boring details that I'm too lazy to type in on my tiny cell phone keypad - like prices and dates and stuff). Sander will likely tweet also. Search for #ultimaker. I will use #ultimaker in my tweets.

I will likely take some video but won't likely have time to edit it down to the interesting bits until the next day. So that will probably be useless. Maybe I'll take a few 10 second low-res clips with my cell phone also.

twitter:

@gr5org

best service ever !! ...although you not even are an employee ;)

just following u now B)

I expect I will grow from currently 6 followers to maybe 7 followers just for this event only! :) Maybe 8! woot!

I just made #8... :shock: woo hoo!

I can't wait to see what new things come from the UM team tomorrow. I had a great showing at the Orlando maker fair with my UM2 printed accessible play station controllers for quadriplegics this past weekend. I had the only UM2 there but it stood out like a gem and was a crowd magnet.

I had the only UM2 there but it stood out like a gem and was a crowd magnet.

Yes! I know what you mean - I've done a few local things like that. And I've been to a mini makerfaire (not like the 70,000 people at MakerFaire NYC though!). But you should see the crowds around the UM booth! It can get busy.

It's true I don't work for Ultimaker by the way. And I'm mainly going to makerFaire to see it so I won't be at the UM booth much. But text me if you swing by the booth (message me soon with your contact info if you haven't already!) and I'll run over the the UM booth. There will be about 8 people from this forum there and I'm trying to get them all to show up at the booth at the same time so they can all meet each other.

Wish I could go too... But flying from Belgium to NYC just to see the makerfaire...can't afford that.

There's a huge show (3dprintshow?) in London every year and a makerFaire in Rome I think every year. Go to those.

There was a guy from China at the one last year. Flew in just for MF I believe. Someone from England also.

gr5 i was in London :)

But thanks for the Rome tip... hope it'll pass here well in advance, always like the opportunity to go to Rome.

minimakerfaires are fun too.

http://makerfaire.com/map/

I missed the one in Montreal. Don't know how it went.

in 3 months i have my 6 month test period finished with my new job... then... im either hitting rome or london... both are only 90 minutes flight from munich plus.... they wont break the bank.....

Hope your having great fun George !!! and big best wishes to all the ultimaker guys there from me !

Ian :-)

I really want to wish Simon fantastic luck with his new adventure with ultimaker in America.

I am sure it will be savage work but I think the combination and choice of man could not have been better.

Good luck and God Speed Simom !!! if you ever need help from us on the community... you know where to find us !!!

Ian :-)

D-day finally arrived :)

Too bad i won't be able to follow this live :(

By the way the 3D PrintShow is going to Paris in October (17-18) so there's a possibility to see the UM Booth there too ;)

I'll skip this one ... my understanding of french is limited to "Je ne comprends pas"... :-P

gr5 > Your research/feeder tweet made be curious ..... whats the news on this topic ? any news on an update for the UM2 feeder ?

Besides this there seems to be little upexpected news ? just the heated bed for the original ?

The other ones are yet to come. Makerfaire starts tomorrow...

I'm curious about the print head of the UM Original+. The bottom looks different than the UM Original print head.

I'm curious about the print head of the UM Original+. The bottom looks different than the UM Original print head.

Wait, did we announce that yet? Cannot find anything about it online yet.

But it's not that different, except that the fan-duct got changed to include a metal shroud around the printer head like in the UM2. Which reduces the chance of getting burned, and makes sure there is no air-flow on the heater-block. The best changes (IMHO) are at the bottom of that machine.

Wait, did we announce that yet? Cannot find anything about it online yet.

Hmmmm.... actually, yes you did. At Shapeways. Yesterday evening / last night. Someone twittered it.