Comparison of 3D printers - need advice from UM team

aleksiej

Posted · Comparison of 3D printers - need advice from UM team

Yeah my mistake, the ABS is from FormFutura shop - I always mixed these two companies ;)

While I'm not actually in the mood of praising UM2 due to the problems I've been having, I'm pretty convinced the UM2 print is not made with FormFutura ABS. I have printed a lot with ABS, including FormFutura ABS. Regardless of temperature and speed, I just don't know how to reproduce the kind of surface stringing as I see on the photo. With PLA it happens easily, but with ABS - no.

Can you share the gcode file you used for printing?

Hi 3DPoro, without hijacking this topic, what problems are you having? Send me a DM if you need any help.

About the print, before I went home yesterday I started a print.

Here are the results:

IMG 20140815 091732

IMG 20140815 091701

IMG 20140815 091652

I was printed at 45mm/s, 200ºC and 80 micron, 5% infill.

Zero post processing, it was done this morning, picked it off the build plate and put it in front of my cell phone.

I was printed at 45mm/s, 200ºC and 80 micron, 5% infill.

Zero post processing, it was done this morning, picked it off the build plate and put it in front of my cell phone.

...and printed in PLA, I assume?

Yes regular magenta PLA.

I don't know why you think it under-extruded Trhuster?

The print is rock-solid.

Yes regular magenta PLA.

I don't know why you think it under-extruded Trhuster?

The print is rock-solid.

As i said it is hard to see exactly. But i guess print is all good then.

OP probably printed PLA at 240.

The evidence points towards it. See the brown coloring on the roof, this is an indication that the material (presumably PLA has been burning up and degradin in the nozzle). i have yet to see that on ABS as the nozzle just can't reach the needed temperatures to start degrading ABS without meddling in the firmware.