Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
majmaj

what kind simulation or tool shouhld i use for this problem

i am working on the following project which is a scissor jack-lift design with a actuator driving the lift of the table.

may i know what kind of simulation or tool should i use, in order to find out the lenght of the actuator extented related to the height of the table. e.g: when table is at the height of 1600 , the lemght between the two leg is 1244.57mm

and i want it to show the lenght between the two leg when i enter certain height

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xuvogj3m3m5cwlo/Assem_all_800mm_cylinder.avi

Autodesk inventor does that also - but you could probably knock up an excel spreadsheet - which would be impressive :)

Or on the cardboard mockup draw two scales on the legs and they will show you :)

if, on the other hand you want an animated version and have a few days to draw it up then go for solidworks or inventor - but I would ask why!

James