How to get a good Non-ultra print

thereza

Posted · How to get a good Non-ultra print

Hi,

So when using netfab, the only configuration that works for me is stnd print with ultra pla configured. Evyerthing else I've tried makes a mess. Has anyone been able to produce a mid or low quality print with netfabb that doesn't look horrible?

Also, any chance the people with good profiles/material configurations can export their configurations to a wiki or some other repository?

Thanks,

Reza

I think the ultra pla is intended for the ultra print quality while you should use the standard pla for the standard print quality (however it shouldn't hurt much)

I have tried all settings and it generally works ok. The only thing is that I manually turn the fan off when the print begin and turn it on again after the first 2-3 layers. I also use 210 degrees for the first layers, the temperature in netfabb works for the following layers but not for the first layer... It helps a lot if you have an UltiController...

(if someone know how to configure these first layer settings automatically I would be happy, doing it manually for every print shouldn't really be neccessary...)

I'll try again, but for my prints, but Stnd w/ Stnd PLA just did not work at all. I tried cura rc4, and it did an amazing job and the interface is so simple. Volumetric prints are def. the way to go. I just feel like I wasted money on netfabb.

Reza

Did you make sure the bed is at the right level. If the height is just a little bit wrong it might work for one setting but not the others. The whole success of the print depends on a good first layer. Thats why I also use 210 degrees for the first layer and manually turn of the fan for that layer. Did you try that?

I agree netfabb has some weaknesses, but there are some very nice advantages like the visibility of how the printhead will move on all layers (including jumps) so you can manually adjust infill or turn the object just to get less stringing in problematic areas. Then there is the speed.

I remember having the same feeling as you in the beginning before I started to get the grip of the prints, but now I'm much more happy. Netfabb is indeed great (but I still think the price was too high)