Full Graphic Smart Controller (ebay) + Ultimaker board fix

Posted · Full Graphic Smart Controller (ebay) + Ultimaker board fix

Unfortunately:

configuration.h

#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_HZ 400#define LCD_FEEDBACK_FREQUENCY_DURATION_MS 20

seems to have no effect at all.

• Replies 86
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does take a bit longer to set large values with these new settings (ie setting temp from 0 to 220).

It would be super cool to add in a velocity dependence to the pulses per step. If you track the clicks per second over the last X number of clicks, then use that calculated knob velocity to increase the pulses per step, it would let you have your cake and eat it too!

Whatcha think @amedee?

I said it from the beginning that changing the steps would be a pain for the big values ;)

So yes, we could build some acceleration or velocity control, but from my side I'm just fine the way it works...

Does anyone notice that their printer is working much slower with this full graphical display? I have tried using it, but it almost looked that it was too much for arduino to handle and when printing you could see micro stops of the printing process.. and if i would press menu while printing, everything would micro pause until menu opens..

That does not sound right to me.

Typically on complex prints it should achieve higher speed than USB printing as the USB transfer rate is not great.

You probably have an issue with your controller (or the SD-card)

Smaller controller, like ulticontroller with 3 lines, works just fine, but that big display looks like was too much for arduino to handle..

Again, this hard to believe.

I have both, side by side and I do not see any difference...

17415217764_ec39dd4b2c_t.jpg

(I am not arguing that yours might be slower, but if it is, there is something wrong with it)

So when it is printing and when you click your encoder, to go into menu, does the print slow down or even pause? Or when you print a part with complex shapes, doesn't it work slower?

That is very weird. I have tried mine, but since it affected print quality i have decided to go back to older controller. Also I did some research online and found that this full graphical LCD is not recommended to delta bots, since it's too much to handle, so i thought that this might affect my printer as well. Any ideas what could be wrong then?

As I said, I am using both and I never noticed a difference...

Now, having said that, I bought the Full Graphic controller because I did not have a controller on my old printer, and it is definitely cheaper than the original UltiController. Other than that there is no real advantage -- it does not display much more information, it is just bigger. The only thing I was missing on the UltiController was the fan percentage and I added that in my firmware fork. So if your UltiController works better for you I don't really see a compelling reason to use this one...

Hello, I discovered this thread yesterday and it is very useful for me.

I bought a ultimaker 1.5.7 board with the full graphic screen. I had some problem to compile standard marlin release but finally succeed.

I had the problem of the reverse encoder action, with this thread I solved the problem.

I'm going to read all the thread attentively.

Thank you and sorry for my bad english.

Hi friend,

from many days I try to see something on the full graphic smart controller, but nothing to do.

I think to have the initial trouble as you.

I don't understand what you made on your terminal/socket.

Can you specify how to do exactly?

1) break the little tooth on the key socket and turn it of 180 degrees ?

2)cut the tape and solder the wires in another way?

3)do you know if other guys which has had success?

many thanks in advance and all the best .

Maurizio alias miomao

Maurizio alias miomao

On 12/10/2014 at 11:37 AM, amedee said:

I had no time so far tu publish it, but I can share my firmware if someone is interested in...

15167539760_42b6d473b1.jpg

(It is the 'official' Ultimaker Marlin compiled with support for the 'Full Graphic Smart Controller')

Hi Amedee, is there any way not to show the extruder 2 and 3 temps on the smart controller? 

Everything else works as expected!

PS: Is it worth to upgrade the belts and pulleys to GT2?