Ulti-evening suggestions

SandervG

Posted · Ulti-evening suggestions

Hi Guys,

For a couple of editions we have been bringing back the interaction in the Ulti-evenings by first organizing a chocolate-hack and second by inviting Colorfabb to do a presentation about 'exotic materials'.

Both seemed to be a huge success, and I want to start this thread as an open platform to post suggestions on what we should do on the next Ulti-evening :)

What do you want to do / learn?

I also thought of flexible filaments, but also to combine them with hard materials.

And something as: Drilling a nozzle to make it a bigger diameter?

Feeder alternatives?

I also thought of flexible filaments, but also to combine them with hard materials.

And something as: Drilling a nozzle to make it a bigger diameter?

Feeder alternatives?

Hacks and mod's in general?

Looked around for a keramic hotend, but could not find one ;(

Trouble shooting when print is not the way you want it. Which parameters do you change first. The website from IRobert is a good leading point.

Trouble shooting when print is not the way you want it. Which parameters do you change first. The website from IRobert is a good leading point.

I was gonna say, in a group we could go through Roberts manual, however for the expert users I think that could be a bit boring.. But I like the idea of education.

How to make a huge walking spider robot ;)

I think you should skip the topic or keep it under 15 minutes and spend most of it letting people walk around and chat. Or maybe just have an open questions and answers session where people can ask anything about 3d printing or Ultimaker company (you don't have to answer everything).

But in my experience the best part of these meetings is to meet the other people at the meeting. This gives everyone a sense of community - that they are part of something larger - and makes new connections and forms new ideas. Everyone has different ideas and abilities and these people meet at these meetings and wonder things/projects/businesses/artwork are born.

spider robot? There are people building one at a maker space near where I live. It's a bit scary. Here is video of one leg:

Here's their kickstarter video which was funded a while ago:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/projecthexapod/stompy-the-giant-rideable-walking-robot-0/widget/video.html

b75846a5eae9730fd69e02d4854ad26a_large.png?1343834545

I guess Nallath wants two more legs... :???:

Printing with flexible filament! :)

Seconded. This is one of the bigger new things at the moment and a lot of people seem to find it challenging.

weeelll... I can settle for 6. Damn awesome.

Hack your machine with several types of upgrades. Like an evening how to make your machine as fast as possible(bigger nozzle, optimization in settings), or as quite as possible(dampers, quiet extruders), or other topics.

Sharing useful printed upgrades with each other.

Mass production algorithm(pushing things off the buildplate, or design for mass producing).

Print challenges(everyone get's the same material and random file. You all have 2 hours GO!)

:D:D Beta testing new ultimaker products, or brainstorming sessions with the R&D department atleast (I think we could use an upgrade that allows you to cool your bed/chamber, to be able to put even more material down without it smudging out) :D:D

/will think of more

Edit: Octoprint and monitoring etc?

edit2: Joris Z unlimited demo

Hi Sander,

Somewhere in the forum you promised that a video of the ulti evening would be uploaded sooner this time. I cannot find it on Vimeo. Any chance that these are timely uploaded in the future?

Cheers, greengecko