Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
frodeheg

Narrow parts of an object

It seems to me that narrow parts are discarded by the slicing process in Netfabb. If I try to slice

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17656

I can see that the narrowest parts does not get extruded at all, leaving the arms hanging in thin air (unless this is only a problem with the preview window in Netfabb). Is it some way to adjust the tolerance for when Netfabb discards a tiny part or not?

It seems to me that narrow parts are discarded by the slicing process in Netfabb. If I try to slice

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:17656

I can see that the narrowest parts does not get extruded at all, leaving the arms hanging in thin air (unless this is only a problem with the preview window in Netfabb). Is it some way to adjust the tolerance for when Netfabb discards a tiny part or not?

try changing the print profile, and edit the line widths of the outer most parts to fine (or whatever the smallest is)... in theory this should bring back some of the small details...

It's already set to "fine" in my "Ultra quality" profiles... whatever that means in terms of width... However, I found out that if I changed the "Width factor" from 100% to 5% it started creating g-code for those thinnest parts as well. How well it will look remains to see, but it seems like you steared me in the right direction. Thanks :-)