Whats next for Ultimaker?

ifti

Posted · Whats next for Ultimaker?

I heard the new heated build platform will require a 1.5.7 board to be installed. I am very curious what this will mean for older hardware and, more importantly, what this will mean for associated costs and/or whether the older boards can be adapted to perform too.

I cannot say a lot about this. but the heated bed upgrade will work with all the 1.5.4 and upwards boards.

If you can flash the latest firmware to your board, you can install the heated bed upgrade.

If you can not flash the latest firmware, you have an incredibly old and rare ultimaker and you should be very proud of it. Because there might only be around a 100 machines out there. The kit might not work out of the box. but being one of the first and having to flash your custom firmware already there is a very big chance you'll be able to make it work.

not sure where I read it but around 23:00 (NL) so thats around 22:00 your time I guess...

think you can have a look at twitter #ultimaker

Its actually midnight NL. NYC is -4, we're at +2 and it will be at 6pm.

So 10 mins left!!!

Of course only 3D printed stuff isnt ian;-)

Is the foreseen big announcement their USA launch? If that's it , it is really disappointing. Or was this supposed announcement a rumor?

Is the foreseen big announcement their USA launch? If that's it , it is really disappointing. Or was this supposed announcement a rumor?

Yup, seems it.

Disappointing. :(

Does mean better support for everyone (as Europe support is less busy fixing the US shipping problems). It's great for US customers, it's good for everyone else.

But, there will also be UMOP and HBK. Sort of half-announced right now.

But, there will also be UMOP and HBK. Sort of half-announced right now.

what do those abbreviations stand for?

Ultimaker original plus. Heated bed kit.

i know the whole forum will roll their eyes sky high... when I ask this... but was the presentations filmed by any chance ?

Ian :-)

:rolleyes: (just to not disappoint you Ian... :p )

If such a video exists, I would also be interested to see it...