Cura SD print on Printrbot simple not working..making a big glob...

sharkfan94

Posted · Cura SD print on Printrbot simple not working..making a big glob...

So I almost exclusively print from an SD card so that my laptop is free. Up until a few days ago everything was working fine. But now when I start a print a slice in cura my Simple just goes to the from left corner and just proceeds to print a glob in the corner. It hasn't done this before and I can't seem to find any info about it. Does anyone have any suggests or thoughts as to what might be causing this?

Are you saying Cura is different than other slicers?

Or that Cura changed recently? It shoiuldn't have changed recently.

yes, Cura does that. It extrudes faster than most extruders can possibly extrude so often it's not a problem but sometimes with hotter nozzle temp (due to temperature overshoot) or due to softer filaments I get the big blob.

I *always* sit patiently at the begining of the print and grab that blob with my fingers as it starts the print.

Some slicers are smarter and wipe the blob off along the front edge of the bed.

No, I'm saying that cura used to print perfectly without fail for me. It would home X and Y, go up 15mm then slowly move down to the middle or the bed. But then maybe a week ago it started to move Y out as far as possible, homed X then would just start the print at that location. I have tried multiple files and each ends up being a glob about 1 inch long by 1/8 of an inch wide.

I don't know how to describe it other than that it just prints a big glob in a very small area instead of starting the print like it used to.

Sounds more like a mechanical problem with the machine then a software problem. As you most likely didn't change any software but mechanically stuff could have gotten lose. You might want to check the Printrbot forums as well for advice.