All the best!

pm_dude

Posted · All the best!

Hello,

I felt like sharing my short experience with the Ultimaker 2 and the community since the time I got my first consumer printer. I had used Shapeways services for the past 2 years and have about 10 years experience in AAA games and cinema.

It all started on June 9th 2014. I took a day off to receive the printer and set it up. The first ultirobot print took me a while and it produced a really bad result. I was playing with settings without understanding what the hell it was really doing. The second one was 1000 time better... really...

In the following weeks I have learned more things about the 3d printing science than in the past 2 years. I found Cura to be very opened and very clever. I thought it was awesome to be able to hollow the mesh on the fly compared to what is required on Shapeways for example.

I now have a good grasp of understanding at what I can do and what is happening and its all because of this awesome community including the Ultimaker team. I'm happy to return the favor when I can. Yet, there is still so much I still learn all the time and can see a really great future upon this industry and community.

I use to think that 8 hours print was really long and now I do 30+ hours prints with no worries aside from filament length and power cuts. When I see 10 hours for a print I think: "Yeah thats fine..". :D

I've been introducing 3D printing to many people at work and in my surrounding for the past 2 years and now they are really impressed with the possibilities. Character Artists are pretty happy when I drop by with random prints of their work.

And so, I wanted to say thanks to you all, keep up the good work, congrats for the awards at the 3D Printshow and see you at Maker Faire!