newbie question, what is wrong with my settings

gbo

Posted · newbie question, what is wrong with my settings

I have printed with repraps before, and finally bought an Ultimaker2 to get even better quality. However when I print, there are no "walls". Above the 3 first layers, everything, the edge included, is "infill".

Printing with CURA, generated g-code and put it on SD card.

IMG 20140920 19170412

Have you tried with a different filament ?

In this moment I have a very similar problem with one "Red" reel ... all other colors/reels I have work fine ...

Only with my own prints. So, there must be something wrong during slicing. The same source stl files produce correct gcode for the reprap (via Slicr). Anyway, the problem is in (my settings of) CURA. There are not many, I must be missing something obvious.

I posted the settings in the "Album" as png.

IMG 20140920 19170412

First print slower... your settings:

Layer 0.25 / speed 100 result in 0.25 x 0.4 × 100 = 10 mm3/s. This is to fast for a decent quality.(0.4 = um2 nozzle size)

Try 0.1 layer and 50 speed...

And always check layer view in cura before printing. Are the walls build in layer view?

and to get a feel for speed, try printing this test;

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4586-can-your-um2-printer-achieve-10mm3s-test-it-here/

Marvelous test suggestion. My printer starts skipping and the print fails at the 5mm3/s step. That is rather bad, is it not? So, that means I have to tune down the speed for low quality prints to at least 0.25 (layer) * 0.4 * 50 = 5m3/s

http://umforum.ultimaker.com/index.php?/topic/4393-ultimaker2-feeder-system-improvements-and-ideas/

this link has grown to about 40 pages now...., but you'll find all you need in it ... basically the best thing is to print yourself a better feeder ...