Show your Sexy Ultimakers !!

ian

Posted · Show your Sexy Ultimakers !!

Why not have a tread just to show off your sexy pimped out ultimakers.

I know I have done nothing more than paint my new ultimaker. but I think it looks cool and wanted to share some photos.

Ian :D

enjoy.

Ian :D:D

we are calling our printer the BLUE WONDER :D:D:D

Thanks! Using this machine has proven somewhat capricious as I keep having to make upgrades to make it work. That said now it's printing with ABS on a heated platform, producing comparable quality to what you see in that video, so not all's bad :D

I'd really like to go the ABS route too - have you sorted the problems with the heated bed then now? (it was too cool before I think you said?) I'd love to see a thread on how best to convert UM to ABS and your experience with mods etc. (I've seen far too many heated bed threads that I've lost track of which is easiest/best and half of them end in 'it didn't do what I thought it would' or other failures)

why are people going to ABS. I find PLA a really wonderful material for printing and getting great results...

?

Ian :)

it goes soft at 40 degrees? which kinda limits what you can do with it..

70C is the point where PLA starts to go soft. ABS is also a bit more flexible at room temperature. But PLA extrudes easier and isn't toxic. You should also be able to recycle PLA objects into new filament. And I do not think that is possible with ABS.

Ian that's a great looking Ultimaker you have there! Seeing those pictures always makes me wish I painted my Ultimaker prior to assembly.

Glad you like it. I really love seeing this ultimaker in its blue suite :D

But I have to admit, I added enough paint, so it was really blue and when it came time to fitting the frame together and the platform.... :lol: :lol: :lol: was funny but i pulled it off.

Ian :D

I haven't painted mine any colours, but i have a ton of flurecent addon parts.

This image was taken last weekend, where i took my printer up to the montreal mini maker faire.

7861251390_39a1e84b9a_z.jpg

or Montreal-makerfaire

I had a chance to see Kym's Ultimaker in action at the Faire. He did a great job, demonstrating and answering tons of questions (3d printer section was really busy). You were all real troopers, it was really hot in that tent!

I don't think i have ever shown my Ultimaker.. here it is:

7898763630_2201308904_c.jpg

7898763184_33f7b61209_c.jpg

What a beauty ^^

that is serously cool Sander !

i love the super cool graffiti style graphics on the back and on the ulti controller.

very cool my friend ! :-)

Ian :)

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/hetnoudnet/pagina7.html

Mijn Ultimaker....en zijn eerste stapjes