Ultimaker Community of 3D Printing Experts
Sign in to follow this  
taavet

ultimaker head prints square inside model?

Hi all, i dont now what could be the issue, but after every printed layer my ultimaker head makes square-shaped movements above prints ca 10-20 times, extrudes some filament. So those few prints have "boxes" embedded into the model. Really weird - there is definitely no thin walled box in those designs i have opened. The first thing i tried to print was thin walled calibration box - is it possible that the box code is somehow "stuck" ? I know its stupid but still?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Taavi

got a stl file for thingiverse > generated code (skeinforge 35, pla-ultimaker-failsafe) for some reason i cannot use Skeinforge 40 as the extruder motor wont start up.

And voila, i have a box inside print (which is has much smooter surface than the print i'd like to have)

Is there a way to reset machine or does it have some files written in system preferences which i can delete?

got a stl file for thingiverse > generated code (skeinforge 35, pla-ultimaker-failsafe) for some reason i cannot use Skeinforge 40 as the extruder motor wont start up.

And voila, i have a box inside print (which is has much smooter surface than the print i'd like to have)

Is there a way to reset machine or does it have some files written in system preferences which i can delete?

Not sure as I don't use skeinforge.

I think you should go down the path of getting Cura.

Better easier slicing.

Easier, better setting up of firmware.

It will probably fix your problems and also make for better printing besides.

Let us know how you go.

Most likely it's the "orbit cooldown", but not sure why it would print over your model then. You could see if you can find the right configuration option in Skeinforge (have no fear, there are only 260 options in there). Or you can use Cura, which seems to work for a lot of people. (But I hate to push my own software :p)